Author Topic: Buying OEM parts...  (Read 2205 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Buying OEM parts...
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2020, 02:18:47 PM »
That 6 mos. wasn't all bad Karl....
My wife really liked the pretty red Honda Forza 300 and told me to go ahead and get it -- so I would quit moping around the house with my LIKE200iLX stuck at the dealer with a busted TPS.

Once I had that Honda I quit bugging the dealer - which seemed to spook them. "When you get it fixed, call me & leave a message - I'm out riding!"
Stig
Good tactic! "Y'all just take yer time! Meanwhile, I'ma gonna buy a competitor's bike!" Har, har!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2020, 02:16:00 PM »
1. Most Tech's are more competent than the owners of the machines they are working on. Most Tech have attended some type of schooling but experience is the key. If in a multi line dealer, the tech could go from working on a GSXR1000 to a Like 150. The techs skill set is more diverse and it's difficult to be experts on all makes and models.
2. It is recommended by KUS that Kymco dealers stock a minimum parts inventory based on the market area and sales history.
3. There is no minimum. There is if the dealer want free freight from KUS
4. Prior to the new management KUS fill Rate on parts orders was around 96% which is way better than every other OEM on average. KUS uses both Air freight and ship freight. Emergency orders go Air, stocking orders or ship.
5. You've never worked for Kymco so how do you know what Kymco thinks. BTW, you are wrong.
6. Sure the focus on Kymco scooters here is prominent, but when it comes down to it most customers end up screwing the bikes up by doing there own work and then expect warranty. It reminds me of many posts here that claim to be factual but are no where close than actual.
Just my opinion
Here we go with another quote about dealer techs! To be fair, sorta, there IS a possibility that the dealer was blamed for something the previous owner did. However, considering Kansas Kymco made the statement, I tend to have faith in his accuracy.

"A so called mechanic at a Scooter dealership in KC changed the belt and didn't properly tighten the variator nut and destroyed the crankshaft."

This is a common error by the inexperienced including me! I, like others, could tell that something was not right and corrected it BEFORE buttoning up and returning to service. This is exactly the kind of thing that forum members could help dealer techs.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2020, 08:52:45 PM »
Bullsh** from the parts guy. All he had to do is call but he's to lazy.

Fair enough, but why don't you include the Kymco phone number in your replies?  Then we could benefit from your excellent inside information?

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2020, 03:17:03 PM »
Fair enough, but why don't you include the Kymco phone number in your replies?  Then we could benefit from your excellent inside information?

You asking me for Kymco's phone number? It's listed on their website!

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2020, 06:52:39 PM »
well, this officially longest my dealer has had to wait for Kymco parts, getting so that my dealer may look to Arctic Cat, to see if those particular parts are universal on the unit.

on a good note, Kymco has finally supplied the dealers with a parts micro fiche
RandyO
IBA#9560

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2020, 07:01:21 PM »
well, this officially longest my dealer has had to wait for Kymco parts, getting so that my dealer may look to Arctic Cat, to see if those particular parts are universal on the unit.

on a good note, Kymco has finally supplied the dealers with a parts micro fiche

What parts do you need? Good luck with Arctic Cat, they are in worse shape than Kymco.
BTW, Kymco dealers have had what’s called Eparts, their on line parts and warranty system which include microfiche, for 10 years

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2020, 07:51:14 AM »
You asking me for Kymco's phone number? It's listed on their website!
Why are you being so difficult?  I don't live in the USA so I don't see the USA website.  I get the Taiwan website with a Taiwan phone number because I'm outside the USA.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2020, 04:33:41 PM »
Why are you being so difficult?  I don't live in the USA so I don't see the USA website.  I get the Taiwan website with a Taiwan phone number because I'm outside the USA.

I had no idea you were outside the US. My apologies.
I have no idea about operations outside the US.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2020, 05:16:00 PM »
another great reason to include your location in your avatar or in your signature!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2020, 09:17:37 AM »
another great reason to include your location in your avatar or in your signature!

Nice subtle reminder there Hawk!   ;)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2020, 07:57:25 AM »
I had no idea you were outside the US. My apologies.
I have no idea about operations outside the US.
Why are you still being so difficult about this?  Never mind the speeches - just post the phone number so we can get on with the business of finding parts?

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2020, 04:16:49 PM »
Why are you still being so difficult about this?  Never mind the speeches - just post the phone number so we can get on with the business of finding parts?

Ummm, Didn think I was giving you a speech. Maybe you replied to me by mistake?
Not knowing that you were outside the US, I apologized once already.
So please tell us, what country you reside? That way I can find the nearest distributor to you since you are unable.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2020, 07:25:03 PM »

JJ, you need to chill a bit.
Courtesy goes a long ways here...
You need the parts phone number for what country?

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2020, 07:27:56 AM »
JJ, you need to chill a bit.
Courtesy goes a long ways here...
You need the parts phone number for what country?

For sure, but after a great deal of effort, courtesy wasn't working here.  We still don't have a phone number.  A simple USA  phone number is all we need.  I'm still amazed that it's so difficult to find a working Kymco phone number (a number that's connected to a real Kymco parts person).

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2020, 05:07:35 AM »
For sure, but after a great deal of effort, courtesy wasn't working here.  We still don't have a phone number.  A simple USA  phone number is all we need.  I'm still amazed that it's so difficult to find a working Kymco phone number (a number that's connected to a real Kymco parts person).

I suggested that you go to Kymco USA.com for the USA distributor website. Their phone number is listed. But you say you don’t live in the USA and can’t get to the Kymco USA website, which is Strange.  I apologize after you said (twice) I’m being difficult. Two of us have asked what country you live so that we could help you. You have yet to do that. BTW, there is no reason for you to call any Kymco distributor. If you simply call a dealer for whatever you need, they can help you. I’m not sure what you want.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()