Author Topic: engine swap ?  (Read 3923 times)

thumpersnoopy

• View Profile
engine swap ?
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »
any one if a larger size kymco engine will fit in the quannon ? (ie a 250 or 500)

badjoke

• View Profile
Re: engine swap ?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »
I don't think it would be worth the $$$.

I'm sure you could get it to fit, if you have very deep pockets. 

The more I read about making it run faster, the more I'm convinced that this isn't the bike to do extensive mods on. Probably best bet is to save up for a bigger bike...or wait till kymco gets a Quannon 300cc out on the market (now wouldn't that be awwweseome?!)

thumpersnoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »
the money is kinda the point but my wife wants me to keep the bike for her and i'm use to riding bigger bikes

TomJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:50:48 AM »
I'd agree engineswaps are just a waste of time/money. You already mentioned you're used to bigger bikes, which leads me to assume you're also used to having powerful multi piston, multi caliper brakes and shockabsorbers that actually... well... absorbe shocks. So I also assume you noticed the quannon doesnt need that because of its limited topspeed and weight.

Now lets say you'd manage to squeeze a 250 - 500cc block inthere. You'd be increasing your bikes weight significantly (its not just the weight of the motor, but think smaller parts like sturdier mounts, all kinds of brackets, bigger radiator etc. etc. aswel). So you now have to find a front fork with decent shocks, rotors, calipers, a fitting rear shock (they exist but arent exactly cheap), exhaust etc. and you need to find a way to assemble it all ( rest assured nothing will fit without lots of modifications ).

And even if you do manage to make a well engineered bike out of it you'll end up with a bike your wife doesn't want to drive anymore cause the characteristics she loves of the quannon are now gone (lightweight idiotproof with in-law power) so you end up driving a bodged inbred bastard that still doesn't meet up with bigger bikes you may have owned earlier.

If I were you I wouldnt bother. Give the bike to the mrs. and start saving up for a bigger bike for yourself.

thumpersnoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 12:25:00 AM »
i was thinking of a supermoto single motor ie 250 or 400 and just regrear the motor and then run a supermoto brake set up on the forks and then have the guys at racetech work on those

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()