Author Topic: people 50 4t and cold weather  (Read 1375 times)

spidrgr

• View Profile
people 50 4t and cold weather
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:42:23 PM »
In the last few weeks, I noticed that the people 50 4t is not a machine which is very friendly to cold weather. It starts OK in a heated garage but immediately starts to stumble and kind of stall the moment it gets out in to cold air and does not get much better til it gets warm, especially on the clutch/belt cover on wich it breathes air from. When I say cold, I mean 5 to 10 celsius. The colder, the worse. Anyone experienced this phenomenon? My guess, its all caused by the too lean jetting.

axy

• View Profile
Re: people 50 4t and cold weather
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:34:13 AM »
In the last few weeks, I noticed that the people 50 4t is not a machine which is very friendly to cold weather. It starts OK in a heated garage but immediately starts to stumble and kind of stall the moment it gets out in to cold air and does not get much better til it gets warm, especially on the clutch/belt cover on wich it breathes air from. When I say cold, I mean 5 to 10 celsius. The colder, the worse. Anyone experienced this phenomenon? My guess, its all caused by the too lean jetting.

Almost every A50/125 is like that.

I have measured resistance of the auto choke: the manual mentions 10 Ohm as reference, but in fact, the installed device has 16 Ohm.

I wonder if they changed parts vendor for choke somewhere along the way who is delivering the part with wrong specs, hence these issues with cold start.

It is not lean jetting, in fact, I think they are all factory set to be a bit too rich.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

spidrgr

• View Profile
Re: people 50 4t and cold weather
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:32:24 PM »
Good reply, but I still believe jetting is too lean. I get the same effect when I remove the intake restrictions from the air filter box, except that it does not disappear after rthe engine warms up. In my opinion, symptomatic of lean jetting, no?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()