Author Topic: 2013 KYMCO Downtown 300i hesitation while throttling issue  (Read 4998 times)

scootermaven

• View Profile
Re: 2013 KYMCO Downtown 300i hesitation while throttling issue
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 01:31:53 AM »
Any news?

No good news to report, Karl.  Still having the issue, despite continuing to sort it out.  I think I'm gonna have to let a reputable KYMCO dealer have a crack at it.  For the time being, since we're starting to get much colder here now, I just gonna ride it over the winter from time-to-time and see how it does running with colder temps.  I even talked with a KYMCO tech down in Spartanburg and he stated it could be a number of things, which would likely be best sorted-out by a knowledgeable dealer service tech possessing the proper testing equipment.  I'm done messing with it for a while...very frustrating.  My suspicion is that it is something wonky within an electrical component, maybe the ECU or a bad sensor, for a couple of examples.  I imagine it's gonna be an expensive diagnosis, especially with no codes showing-up, and subsequent repair down the road.  It's gonna be beyond difficult to get rid of it with it running the way it does now, so probably gonna have to just bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.  Until then, I'll be anticipating what the heck is going on with it.  I'll post up on here when the problem is finally revealed to me from the dealer.  Thanks for all your help, Karl, as well as any others who replied.
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2019, 02:50:25 AM »
Good to hear from you! Winter may be the best time for YOU to find this. Maybe a reputable dealer tech may find it but that would be very expensive. Mainly because they are generally geared to replace parts and I think you have a connection problem in addition to being intermittent. Very hard to isolate. Whatever you decide or whatever developes, don't be a stranger!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 09:50:58 PM »
Nobody suggested clutch or belt slippage. Does the RPM drop when it hesitates? If not then the engine is doing its job and there is something causing loss of power to the rear wheel. Watch the tachometer when it hesitates and see if the engine is slowing down also. If so, the problem is in the engine, if not, the CVT needs looking at for a start.
2009 GV 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2019, 10:15:03 PM »
Good questions, stuo! Never thought of that...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()