Author Topic: New (er) Kymco user  (Read 890 times)

vernfirz

• View Profile
New (er) Kymco user
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:16:39 PM »
Hi everyone!  I bought a 450i le mxu in May of 2016 and have just over 500 miles on it.  It's been a great machine for me.  I'm actually pretty impressed with it.  I did my research and couldn't find many -if any- bad reviews on the brand.  Thinking of getting a sxs next year but unsure if I should stick with the 450 or go with the 700.  Ill use it for mostly trail riding and hunting.   Any opinions?  Oh, and do you all get lots of questions when someone sees you with a Kymco?  Like who are they?  Who makes that machine?  Ha!

Nice forum here. 

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

jdub0813

• View Profile
Re: New (er) Kymco user
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »
I love my 700, has the power and speed with a sporty look but also the back bed that is very useful for hunting and working around the house.  Also trail riding and throwing a cooler or whatever in the back.  I can't say get it over the 450 I guess it all just depends.  I do love the Kymco too, has been a great machine for me.  I just can't figure out how to get the speedometer working, that's my only issue.  I bought it used so can't blame Kymco.

And yes, I get it all the time.... I pretty much have the history and all the info of Kymco memorized now lol.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »
I have the UXV 450i and my brother has the Arctic Cat badged version of the 700.  there is no place he can go that I can't, but putting the shoe on the other foot, there are places I can go that he can't, like the in the back of a log bed pickup truck.

If you browse around here, you will see pics of me pulling my 1000lb "toe hoe" or a 1000lb load of firewood in my Otter sled.   The 700 might be able to go 2 or 3 mph faster, and it is probably a little thirstier
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 12:43:28 AM »
   Welcome to the forums, I am a 450i owner and have no regrets what so ever. I wanted a smaller size machine and also wanted a bench seat to get in and out easier. After driving the 450i and seeing the power they have, I knew I needed nothing more. It will outrun the neighbors Polaris Ranger 500. I could not tell you how many times I have told the Kymco story in person and on many forums. Everyone that has seen it in person has been impressed. Tough decision on which model you want or need, if your looking for a full size machine then the 700 may be the one but if your like many of us looking for a smaller but yet powerfull machine you won't go wrong with the 450i.  Keep us posted on your decision.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 04:21:12 AM »
ahh yes I have told the Good Ole Kwang Yang story many of times.  lol. A lot of times i have to brag about their scooters and how popular those are worldwide just to get my point across.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »
ahh yes I have told the Good Ole Kwang Yang story many of times.  lol. A lot of times i have to brag about their scooters and how popular those are worldwide just to get my point across.

As I understand it, Kymco is the largest manufacturer of small personal motorized vehicles in the entire world, of course primarily from the scooter business. I have read where they produce more than 80% of the scooters sold in the world under one brand name or the other.

vernfirz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »
With the history and good reputation they have, the off-road market should -or could- take off.

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 09:19:33 PM »
With the history and good reputation they have, the off-road market should -or could- take off.

You would think so but I don't believe that Kymco has the desire to, there is very little marketing done so much harder for word of mouth to spread.

I ended up with the 700i and couldn't be happier test drive them both and decide you won't go wrong ether way.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()