Author Topic: Yager Aftermarket Tires  (Read 3471 times)

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
Yager Aftermarket Tires
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:48:58 AM »
Good Day All,
 Just curious if anyone can give some input on aftermarket tires for the Yager 200i that they are using.
 I'm trying to pick out some tires that are great in the rain, but it doesn't seem like I can find a great tire that matches both the front and rear.
 Here is an example:

This is for the rear:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/32/404/45422/ITEM/Michelin-Pilot-Power-Pure-SC-Rear-Tire.aspx

This is the same tire for the front, but it doesn't come in a size that fits the Yager rim:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5/32/404/45422/ITEM/Michelin-Pilot-Power-Pure-SC-Rear-Tire.aspx

I realize that I'm quite tired, and possibly should wait on trying to research new tires. This is why I could be overlooking a simple detail; but the rain is coming quickly and I want to try to be prepared as soon as possible.

Is it normal that you have to use different model of tires on front and back for the Yager?

Thanks for your input.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
Re: Yager Aftermarket Tires
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 03:02:16 AM »
NM... I see that the front tire size is made, but I cannot find it available anywhere  >:(

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 04:08:22 AM »
Bike bandit http://www.bikebandit.com/ has the best prices on tires. If you find them cheaper they match the price. You can mix brands with NO trouble. I run the Pirelli rear130x70x12 on both rims, and it never cornered better. You will have to play with air pressure to get what you feel is the best ride but you should do that anyway...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »
Pilot Power Pure SC tires are waaay on the sporty side of things and I'd be
VERY surprised if they had better then just average grip in the wet, since that's
not what their intended use is.

It's the type of tire Gilera Runner 200, Derbi GP1 250 and similar scoot owners
would use, for maximum lean angles and pushing it hard everywhere.

What I CAN recommend that works great in the rain is Michelin's City Grip which
I have on my Agility 125. Not that tire does NOT care if it's raining or not, it's
simply amazing in the wet.

Might not offer ultimate sporty riding grip on the dry, but it should last a long
time and is, again, amazing in the wet and/or bad slick city roads.

That's what going on my Downtown as soon as possible.
Hope they're available for your scoot though, but they should be.
They also like heavier scoots then my A125 from my experience, and should
work great on yours.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

retread

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »
try smalltires.com

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone!
I've relegated myself to the ranks of Ebayer's in an attempt to find a matching model for my front/rear.
Cortez: I'm going to look for your suggestion - the City's by Michelin. The reviews I have read are fantastic so far!

Thanks again.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
Cortez: I'm going to look for your suggestion - the City's by Michelin. The reviews I have read are fantastic so far!
Thanks again.

Yah!
No problem!

I haven't found a single negative review on these, and I liked it's predecessor (Michelin Gold Standard) too,
so it was an easy pick, especially since I wanted as much wet traction as possible - I HAD to use my 125cc
scoot daily, regardless of weather, sometimes for hours in the rain (delivery..) and never had a close call.

Here's a video of me scrubbing them in  ;)
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »
Yah!
No problem!

I haven't found a single negative review on these, and I liked it's predecessor (Michelin Gold Standard) too,
so it was an easy pick, especially since I wanted as much wet traction as possible - I HAD to use my 125cc
scoot daily, regardless of weather, sometimes for hours in the rain (delivery..) and never had a close call.

Here's a video of me scrubbing them in  ;)

Well, I tried and called local shops, but I was told that I could not get the City Grips for my scoot. I was told by several locals to go with the Michelin Pilot City's because those were the best available for my scooter. I took the plunge. I'm not too happy about the lack of available tire sizes for my Yager in the U.S. either.
My wife figures I'll treat these tires like others - replace them within a couple of months. I HOPE she's not right because then that means the tires cannot handle well in the conditions I need them for.  :-\

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
Tried those too, also in 12" size, you'll be fine, as long as they're not too old.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

CapnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 01:06:24 PM »
Has anyone tried the Avon Stryke? They have front and rear for the Yager. All the reviews I've read are good. A good friend who has been riding bigger bikes said that Avon tires are good tires. The Avons are available from Bike Bandit. I've got 4500 miles on my stock tires and it looks like I'll get another 4500 or so out of them.
2 wheels is 2 wheels, But China Ain't Taiwan.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 04:29:49 AM »
The Avons were great. I just went for Diablos this trip round. Bike bandit is having the Tire Tuesday sale tomorrow so If you are ready to jump... Now is the time. Lowest prices of the year.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()