Author Topic: Givi Top Case kit installed-Hooray!!  (Read 3040 times)

Yager E

• View Profile
Givi Top Case kit installed-Hooray!!
« on: December 23, 2010, 02:31:32 AM »
Here's a repost from the Tech section:

I tried to post a "how to" with 4 photos but it was bounced for being too big. I'll try again...

After 10 weeks the GIVI top case Fitment kit SR90-KR90 arrived from overseas for my 2010 Yager GT 200i. The kit indicated it was for a 2007 Dink 125 cc, but they must be the same body as the Yager/Dink, etc as the kit fit perfectly. Total cost including 7% sales tax was $86.45.

I was able to install the kit in about 15 minutes using: 10 mm socket to remove and not reuse the two bolts just above the rear rectangular reflector, 5 mm allen socket to remove and replace the two chrome round/allen head bolts that are under the backrest and hold the luggage rack supports and also to install the long vertical supports with longer supplied GIVI bolts, and 4 mm allen socket to attach the top of the rack to the vertical supports.  Make sure you follow the kit diagram for the vertical supports so you don't reverse left and right ones. The bolts go on the outside of the support.

The kit comes with easy to follow diagrams.

The kit can be ordered from your local GIVI dealer. I ordered mine from David at Rider's Hill in Dahlonega, GA, 706-864-7777. GIVI Reno was also helpful in figuring out the correct part, 877-375-4484 for you West Coasters.

You might have to drill a few holes in your plastic top case plate to match the metal mounting kit, depending on which top case and adaptor you use. Not a big deal. I mounted a GIVI Traffic Case with a universal GIVI plate that I've had for about 10 years.
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Givi Top Case kit installed-Hooray!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:51:33 AM »
Wow! That's awesome, Yager E!! It finally arrived!!!

I'm glad it fit for ya! :)

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 08:49:11 PM »
Thanks Rianna! I am very pleased with the kit and now have more than enough room for "stuff" on the Yager. Too bad they don't import the kit, but I guess there isn't much demand for it.....yet.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Support our Troops!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »
Yeah, maybe they will import it one day. Sounds like it was worth the wait. I was hoping to see a pic of the whole scooter, though. ;D

(I've never seen the Yager before.)

THANK YOU, Yager E!!

And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours as well!! :)

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
Yeah, maybe they will import it one day. Sounds like it was worth the wait. I was hoping to see a pic of the whole scooter, though. ;D

(I've never seen the Yager before.)

THANK YOU, Yager E!!

And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours as well!! :)

Rianna,

This one's for you....and others.

E
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Support our Troops!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 04:36:03 AM »
Oh, that's a Beauty!

Thanks, Yager E!! ;D

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 12:16:39 PM »
Thanks Rianna,

I managed to get a ride in Christmas Eve, then the big (for us) snowfall Christmas Day. We still have snow and ice on the roads, and temps below freezing so the 4x4 truck has to get us down our steep hill and other places. You guys probably got a lot of snow too!!

Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Support our Troops!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »
Wow, a Christmas Eve ride, really? That's too cool, Yager E! 8) I'm gonna do that next year when I move to Florida.  :D

We sure did get the snow! But on my end, I'm at the bottom of the steep hill!! I don't have any 4 wheel drive (or any vehicle) any more so I'm stuck in for the duration when it hits. I'm hearing now that the temperature may get up into the 50's by the weekend here, though. :o

I can't wait...maybe I can get a New Year's Eve ride in! ;D

FastDraw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 01:16:06 AM »
I just got a Yager 200I myself, and got this exact same setup .... except ... the dealer that tried to install it stripped the threads tryying to remove one of the stock hex-head bolts on the scooter because it was so over-tightened from the factory. Now I have no idea how I'm going to mount my Givi case. Any ideas? 

Even if I use something to 'grab' the bolt out, I doubt I'll be able to have enough torque to back out the bolt because of how tight the dealer said it is in in the first place. Any ideas are welcome!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()