Author Topic: Rear shock out of adjustment range.  (Read 1144 times)

msgtphil

• View Profile
Rear shock out of adjustment range.
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:09:57 PM »
My right rear shock has gotten out of the preload adjustment range. I didn't turn it too far, either I did something when I replaced the rear tire and didn't notice or it broke. I thought I read somewhere how to get it back in the preload range but can't find it. Anyone know how to get it back on the ramp or do I need a new shock?

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Rear shock out of adjustment range.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 02:35:18 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what I did to mine to get it back right.  I was mashing up in there with screwdrivers, etc -- trying to turn things at same time.  Finally gave up.  Then used the spanner one last time in desperation and to my amazement, it got back on track and was fine except the numbers don't match the adjustment anymore.  So I just make sure it's adjusted to same height as other one by eye. 

At least it SEEMS to be ok.   :D

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 02:37:33 AM »
By the way, I didn't turn mine too far either.  It just seemed to drop off it's track when I was adjusting incrementally from one number to the next. 

msgtphil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 03:17:31 AM »
Thanks,  I'll just wiggle and jiggle, pry and try if no one comes up with something. I figure one more do it myself tire change and I'll have saved enough money to get some of those nitrogen shocks if I can find them.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »
The dealer should have a compatible spring compressor and fix it in minutes.

msgtphil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »
You know sometimes a person should research a bit further before seeking assistance and a person wouldn't have to make confessions such as this.
Never mind, I fixed it. Discovered brain disengaged, once the little hamster rotated the wheel beyond dead cells, during a flash of momentary cognition, it was determined I was simply attempting to turn the do-hickey in the opposite direction from correct.
Mind is a terrible thing to waste, darn you Thailand and your stick, uummm 60s.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 01:24:47 AM »
Glad of that!  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()