Author Topic: oil ?  (Read 1667 times)

mrjlube

• View Profile
oil ?
« on: July 07, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »
Hello everyone, I must say i am in love with my new 500 it is such a great runner!!! I just wanted to ask you all what kind of oil you use in your machines? I thank you for your time and am so glad to part of your forum!!!!
Thanks everyone!!!

drifter

• Twist n' Go Power!!!
    • View Profile
Re: oil ?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »
I've been using Motul htec fully sythetic oil for the past 4 years on 5 kymco scoots.
"it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow!"

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »
..welcome mrjlube...

..use a good petroleum based oil for th' first two or 3 oil changes...

..for engine break-in purposes...

..then migrate to a semi-synthetic, then to a full synthetic after about the fifth or sixth change...

..if you ride often or hard, change your oil more frequently than suggested...

..also keep your valves adjusted according to your service manual's spec...

..again, more frequently, if you ride every day...

..peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 04:11:22 PM »
After break in I use Mobile 1 pure synthetic 15-50. And I also use an additive called Tuf oil or tuff oil? Just google the name to find company. 325,000 miles on my truck tells the story of this combo.  :-*

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 01:12:26 PM »
Shell Rotella full synthetic 5w40.  Only first time using it but well recommended.  Use this forum's search feature.  Somewhere there's a link Zombie posted to a nice piece of research on oil for motorcycles.  Seems the author leaned toward Rotella but any full synthetic was recommended.  Not till break-in is over, though.

OLDRIDER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:31:47 PM »
I used a high grade oil for the forst two oil changes and will switch to synthenic oil. This also what the deal has recommend. Enjoy your bike I love mine

mrjlube

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 10:10:45 PM »
thank you all for your input, i really appreciate it!!

drifter

• Twist n' Go Power!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »
Shell Rotella full synthetic 5w40.  Only first time using it but well recommended.  Use this forum's search feature.  Somewhere there's a link Zombie posted to a nice piece of research on oil for motorcycles.  Seems the author leaned toward Rotella but any full synthetic was recommended.  Not till break-in is over, though.

crap! Full synth not recommended till break-in is over??? On my first oil changed i already used fully syth and till now still using fully syth.  did a hard break-in and changed oil at 300km or 500km.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 09:51:24 PM »
The reason for not running synthetic right away is it actually works too good and will not allow the propper seating and wear in of rings and things,by now if you are not burning oil and all is working in good order it should not be a problem,Actual break in period and how to is a contraversual subject.On a new bike with a warenty I like to ride it like i stole it after the first tank of gas is gone and a frresh oil change.If something was missed at the facter it should raise its ugly head at this time if not should have a keeper.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
On a new bike with a warenty I like to ride it like i stole it after the first tank of gas is gone and a frresh oil change

..i agree, and that's what i did with my 2008 a50...

..i've kept the oil changed and valves adjusted frequently, and i'm getting ready to trip 50,000 kms....

..running as well now as it ever has....

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

drifter

• Twist n' Go Power!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 03:00:56 AM »
thanks! actually i am also a "ride like you stole it" kinda guy! lol. when i got it at kymco it just had 3 or 5km on the odo, then with just 10km on the odo i let it hit the 140kph mark with a backride. so far still not encountering problems on the engine. actually it out performs other x500 stock to stock and i am 240lbs!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()