Author Topic: Mystery connector and hose  (Read 1645 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Mystery connector and hose
« on: March 11, 2010, 02:58:46 AM »
Was looking under the so called "spark plug service" hatch in the floorboard of the Xciting 500 and found a 2 prong connector not hooked up and don't see anything to hook it to. It has 2 green wires leading into it.

Also I see a small diameter hose not connected to anything -- it just lays there horizontally aimed at the thermostat.  It won't actually reach the t-stat, though. 

My wiring diagram is so fuzzy that I just can't read it. 

Anyone know what either of these is?

Thanks,  Paul 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery connector and hose
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 03:13:58 AM »
The connector is just an extra. There are a few scattered throughout the harness. Are both wires green w/ no stripe? If so they are both ground wires leading me to believe they are there as a shunt, or jumper for factory testing a circuit. The hose I believe is the vent from your battery, but check it out carefully to find the source. You don't need a vacuum leak on your engine
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 03:18:22 AM »
Ok, Thanks :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:21:07 AM by Hoolander2 »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:43:04 PM »
wow> I feel small...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:31:42 AM »
Heh heh. Thought you'd like that.  ;D I'm just jazzed that I figured out howta make big letters here.  But seriously, thanks, Zombie.  I'm still searching high and low for a tunnel bag that'll fit and look ok on the 500.  I may have found one in the most unlikely of places.  Will post when I know for sure. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:38:50 AM by Hoolander2 »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 04:47:06 AM »
There are loads of 500's here. I'm sure a source will be appreciated! I'm still working w/ crayons for the BIG letters. Can barely see the screen...

Sogni X

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 03:43:28 PM »
The connector is to bypass the kickstand safety switch.

-Sergio
2007 Kymco Xciting 500: 30,000+ Miles and counting.
2007 Kymco Xciting 250: blown engine @ ~3,000 miles. Bought it back as parts bike for 500. May try to resurrect.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »
Ah Ha!  Thanks Sogni X

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 03:35:20 PM »
If this plug will-can be used to shut off the kick stand safety switch, how would you do it? It sure would be nice to be able to put the bike on the side stand, pull the parking break, and be able to warm up the bike without having to set on it, or to put it on the center stand. I often wish I could pop off the bike, drop mail in a mail box, or even just let it idle for a short time without killing the engine when I put the stand down & then have to restart it again :-*

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 01:18:06 AM »
I think what Sogni X is saying is to locate the current connector going to the side stand.  Unplug it and plug that into the unused connector.   Now that may take some on your back work or maybe even taking plastic off.  I haven't decided if I really want to do it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()