Author Topic: First bike, first ride in loooong time  (Read 3650 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: First bike, first ride in loooong time
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 05:09:48 AM »
Thanks to axy and Shaka too. :-)  Looks like at least 3 votes for Avons so that might be the one I try. 

Zombie, thanks, I downloaded that service manual you mentioned from Tim Taylor and the 2010 owner's manual from Kymco Global. So I answered my other two questions from that.

I've been reading many of the posts in the forum and already dreaming about the upgrades to the vari-whatsis-olater, clutch, etc and already wanna do em all.  ::)  But I got a few other irons in the fire right now so might be waiting a good while on those.

I do think I'll get what I THINK you call a tunnel bag?  A storage thing that goes in the space between your legs on the scooter. Have looked up one or two that seem to velcro on?  Are you guys aware of anything more substantial that would bolt on or something?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 05:28:28 AM »
Hoolander, this is your thread! I like to keep it on the fun side.  There are alot of forums that have advice on your scoot, I just don't know of them. Look around the web to find more tuning sites for your scoot. When you find them PLEASE post links so others can see what you found. That is what keeps us all informed. The multi what ever is the least expensive, best mod you can make on your scoot. Look up Malossi, Nyc, Polinni. There are other manufactures that have top of the line replacement parts, but in MY opinion these are the BEST. If You want I will post some links for you. The Jacka$$  can do. The best part is SOMEONE makes what you want, and it just may show up here.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »
Understood, Zombie.  It's just that right now, my knowledge of scooters is like an ant compared to you guys who are like my GODS for now.  :) 

Back in the day, there was a saying that went something like, "We eat, sleep, breathe, live, love motorcycles".  It described me perfectly.  Owned and rode lots o bikes and was even a peon technician at a Yamaha shop for a year.

It's just that I got a lot of catching up to do, ya know?  S'ok cause with a lil help, I'll get back up to speed before too long and, hopefully, be contributing as much as I take from here.  You've  all already been a huge help.

Still crummy weather as you know -- no additional riding yet. But you better believe I'm ITCHIN to GO! I go out to the shed and admire and sit on it feeling it's energy soak into me like when I was 16.  Ha!     

Thanks  ;D 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()