Author Topic: XC500 WOT from stand still and consequences.  (Read 3587 times)

xsel777

• View Profile
XC500 WOT from stand still and consequences.
« on: June 27, 2015, 08:33:22 AM »
I have heard that it is bad for this scoot in particular to pull away sharply from the robots, in order to get in front of the cagers .

My thinking is that since the CVT is designed to slip ( stock setup), that reduces a lot of stress.

What say you?
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: XC500 WOT from stand still and consequences.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 09:05:32 AM »
It won't hurt anything. It does wear the parts faster(duh) but there is nothing model specific.

You end up glazing the clutch bell, and pads sooner, and perhaps a bit more roller wear but nothing else. If you like to tear it down, inspect, clean, and ride more often than the next guy... Beat it up. If you don't want to maintain it more... baby it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »
It won't hurt anything. It does wear the parts faster(duh) but there is nothing model specific.

You end up glazing the clutch bell, and pads sooner, and perhaps a bit more roller wear but nothing else. If you like to tear it down, inspect, clean, and ride more often than the next guy... Beat it up. If you don't want to maintain it more... baby it.

Ahh you understood. With robots and cagers I thought he was riding the scoot in "Battlebots".....

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »
I'm fluent in word soup. I majored in it from preK thru 4th grade.

You all might not know this but I was a speech writer for Mike Tyson, and George Bush (jr).
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »

You all might not know this but I was a speech writer for Mike Tyson, and George Bush (jr).

And ya done real good !
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »
I forgot to mention, specifically because the bearings on these scoot's are like car bearings.
I understand more wear, expected, but major mechanical issues around premature bearing failure is my main concern.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 03:50:56 PM »
Well then you answered your own askin.

What bearings are you talking about? Pretty much any time a bearing fails there will be a major mechanical failure that goes along with it. The good side of this is bearings will announce themselves when they begin to fail, and you might be able to avoid a major failure by listening, and finding the problem.

Quote from: zombie on Today at 07:27:52 AM

And ya done real good !

Thanks Sis! I tryieddd to done good.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 07:24:58 PM »
The crank bearings on the x500 are hydraulic, unlike most smaller scooters using roller bearings for the crank. Two important things, low oil and they are f***ED and you go WOT on a cold engine and damage the bearings. With proper oil and warm up that design of bearing is actually much better than roller bearings because they are floating on oil so there is very very little friction. One thing I have seen with the x500 is exploded clutches. Almost every x500 has a blued clutch, heavy bike with a lot of power puts a beating on the clutch. That's the only thing I would worry about going wot off the line, accelerate lightly until you feel the clutch engage (about 20mph) then gun it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:27:12 PM by BettinANDlosing »
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 05:28:12 AM »
Great, thanks for the input.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »
This whole subject is ludicrous.
We have won the war on bearings many times over to date, and um let me just reintertrapolate... There are bigger fish to take into account! Bearings are just one small part of the New World Order!

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:34:51 PM by zombie »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »
You must realize that Zombie is a truly insane person and "they" only let him out once in every once in a while. When he is locked up "they" make him do preventive maintenance on that flying thing you see in "Independence Day."

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 10:06:23 PM »
They don't "let me out"... Who told you about the flying thing?

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 01:02:01 PM »
They don't "let me out"... Who told you about the flying thing?

"Let you out" , "Escape" ...same thing Z-Man .

The Flying Thing is a well-known fact ( just like your escapes ) . "They" just don't tell you , as it is supposed to be YOUR "Secret" project .

I men, really, would you do their bidding if you knew it was only to help them ?
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:43 PM »
Why does everything have to be fractal-ated?

I knew that you were thinking that they were thinking I didn,t know what you all know but what you didn't know is that they knew that I knew that you knew. What they didn't know is that I knew what they would do if they found out that I knew what you know so I hid the keys in my bum.

Down came the rain, and washed the spider out!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:09:44 PM by zombie »

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 01:04:04 AM »
Why does everything have to be fractal-ated?

I knew that you were thinking that they were thinking I didn,t know what you all know but what you didn't know is that they knew that I knew that you knew. What they didn't know is that I knew what they would do if they found out that I knew what you know so I hid the keys in my bum.

Down came the rain, and washed the spider out!

We knew that     ;) 8) 8) 8)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()