Author Topic: Merry CHRISTmas  (Read 1106 times)

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Merry CHRISTmas
« on: December 25, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
Good morning and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my Kymco Forum friends. May you all be blessed today as we celebrate JESUS birthday.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

pipster326

• View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »
Merry Christmas, everyone. Hope you all have a great day, with family and friends .

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 03:47:52 AM »
Merry Christmas and amen!  :)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »
Of course, we forget what Christmas is really about. Allow me to quote the great George Bernard Shaw...

Like all intelligent people, I greatly dislike Christmas. It revolts me to see a whole nation refrain from music for weeks together in order that every man may rifle his neighbour’s pockets under cover of a ghastly general pretence of festivity. It is really an atrocious institution, this Christmas. We must be gluttonous because it is Christmas. We must be drunken because it is Christmas. We must be insincerely generous; we must buy things that nobody wants, and give them to people we don’t like; we must go to absurd entertainments that make even our little children satirical; we must writhe under venal officiousness from legions of freebooters, all because it is Christmas – that is, because the mass of the population, including the all-powerful middle-class tradesman, depends on a week of license and brigandage, waste and intemperance, to clear off its outstanding liabilities at the end of the year.

And that was 70 years ago.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 09:33:34 PM »
   Wow Snorvey, tell us how you really feel!    I am a  Christian and I am not at all offended by your post.  However I do disagree with your wholesale criticism of the holiday. 
   Mr. Shaw's assertion is that people "must" do a whole list of things. No one in this country "must" do anything.  The reality is that we are all free to participate or not participate as we see fit. Also Christmas is about the birth of Christ, not all the "stuff" he listed.
   I for one use Christmas as an opportunity to be a little nicer to those around me; To wish them well. To give gifts. To help those in need. And to be nice to those I disagree with.  ;)  In doing these things, It is my hope and intent that the true meaning and spirit of Christmas is fulfilled.
   I am glad you are on this forum and look forward to your future posts. I sincerely wish you goodwill my friend...Paul
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:08:25 PM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 10:17:54 PM »
AMEN, Mr. Paul, and again I say AMEN. I am American, by birth, Southern, by Choice, and Saved, by the Grace of GOD.

Mac

Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 08:47:51 AM »
I couldn't agree with Mr. Paul and Mac more. If some people don't like to celebrate Christmas, that's fine. People shouldn't dampen the spirits, of those of us , who still celebrate and enjoy CHRISTMAS!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 03:08:22 PM »
I couldn't agree with Mr. Paul and Mac more. If some people don't like to celebrate Christmas, that's fine. People shouldn't dampen the spirits, of those of us , who still celebrate and enjoy CHRISTMAS!!!

I like Christmas, I really do. More and more people take it too far though and forget the meaning of Christmas - even if you're not religious - and that was my point.

It might well be Jesus' birthday, but I think Mr Amazon might well be celebrating too.

Anyway, I think that's the end of this 'general discussion'. I wouldn't want to upset people that quite clearly have views that conflict with my own, so I'll leave it at that.

Happy new year!

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 09:24:28 PM »
I agree Snorvey that there is way too much materialism in Christmas these days. For many the true meaning gets lost. I dont get upset that easily. If someone disagrees with me, they have a right to be wrong.  ;) ;) I hope you too have a Happy New Year man!!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()