Author Topic: How do I attach pictures to a post?  (Read 839 times)

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
How do I attach pictures to a post?
« on: November 12, 2016, 01:02:09 AM »
If someone could explain to me I can attach pictures from My Documents to my post. I can pull the pics up and hit "add Images" but no pics are uploaded? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: How do I attach pictures to a post?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 03:48:01 AM »
While it may be possible to upload small pictures directly from your computer, the best way is to use a photo hosting site.  I use photobucket but Facebook will work as well and is free.  Smugmug is another popular site. 

If you look above the box you post in and all those little symbols, the one just to the right of the red circle with an f in and below the I is is the one used to post pics.  Click on that then paste the URL of the picture from the photo hosting site into the the middle of the brackets provided. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »
I found what you were talking about Facebook and posting pics using them as a photo host. I cannot seem to get to the "paste" part. I have some photos I would like to post from this android but get high centered on getting the "copy-paste" action to work. Pretend I am a four year old! I got some to work thanks to Stig on tinypic.com but both Photobucket and tinypic are inop on my laptop for some reason.....

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 05:34:54 PM »
I've generally found that a person's picture size may exceed the posting limit for this forum. That, or the file type may not be compatible.

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

4 pics per post are allowed with a maximum total size of 1024KB, which equals 1 MB. Not very big.

- Wolf 

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 01:29:08 AM »
Thanks for your input. I'll try again in a day or two. My files are all jpg, which are allowed. The copy and paste part, I understand. If you wanna move something to another location, ie; an e-mail you are going to send. You just right click and one of the options in the new window is "copy". You left click on it. Then start wring your e-mail or post and when your are ready to transport what you have copied you right click in the body of your message and one of the options in the new pop up window is "paste" you left click it and what ever you copied will appear in what you are writing. If you are coping and pasting something, there MUST be something you're put in the message body. If you aren't gonna write anything with what you are pasting then just put a "period" in there. The paste will not transfer if you haven't put anything in the body. (There be a shorter way of explaining this) I post picture on Criagslist all the time, but this forum is different. What I did was go down and click on attachments and  and the Choose file, after I clicked that my pictures came up
 on the screen. I doubled left clicked on a picture and the jpg file number appeared in the attach box. Then I went up and clicked on the "add images", you described, but nothing happened. Thanks again.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()