Author Topic: New 2013 Agility 50 not as fast as old.....  (Read 5561 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: New 2013 Agility 50 not as fast as old.....
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »
How did you get a 2013? Do you have time travel capabilities?  ;D

Or did you mean 2012?  :)
I know for a fact UK 2011/12 models have the wire in the cdi to cut cos guys on here confirmed it. If you can afford it then it may ne worth keeping the cdi stock and just buying a new stage6 one.

Easiest way i found to cut the cdi was using a file to take the bottom corner down, saw the thin wire quite easily then.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
as most of you will know my 2010 a50 has been slow. real slow after lots of mods. the 3 basic derestrictions then clutch springs torque springs etc, amd most will know i blew up my transmition. well fixed it up yesterday. new variator narkau... etc. well today she flys. near on 40 all the way up hills etc actualy feel g force pulling me back. the only real diffrence is the varaitor. checked the bosses and are only 1mm between them. so my thoughts are just the varaitor. befor i had a chinese cheep one of ebay.
 befor when people said new ones are not as fast as old i thought maybe that this is the case. may well still be the case. or it could just be one part, holding everything back.....

JC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »

Or did you mean 2012?  :)
I know for a fact UK 2011/12 models have the wire in the cdi to cut cos guys on here confirmed it. If you can afford it then it may ne worth keeping the cdi stock and just buying a new stage6 one.

Easiest way i found to cut the cdi was using a file to take the bottom corner down, saw the thin wire quite easily then.

matter of fact, I'm typing this in the future. I'm in the US, Boston, MA, and i got it from a dealer for $1000. I ordered the cdi today and skippy is now breaking my wallet down even more haha. HMMMM, Naraku or Malossi. Decisions decisions.  ;D

I just did a few cosmetic mods today after work. Mirrors, axle puller, cup holder, tire air filler caps. I'll get some pics up as soon as I'm not lazy and exhausted.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »
lol not all blue .im a salesman. rather the coustemer was happy than to get a sale. also im not on comition lol that helps...

Do you make your coustermer go threw a waiting time so the kymco rep gives theam a ok to fix the scoot. That I beleave should never happen here in michigan we have to go threw all that.It would be nice to take a scoot in and just get fixed with no questioned asked.  Warrenty or not.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 01:29:21 AM »

Some dealers that introduce and release new units at the second half or last quarter of a year, say October of 2012, will tell you that these units are 2013 models. Part of marketing strategy that they are ahead of the competitors that introduce new models in January of 2013.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »
Do you make your coustermer go threw a waiting time so the kymco rep gives theam a ok to fix the scoot. That I beleave should never happen here in michigan we have to go threw all that.It would be nice to take a scoot in and just get fixed with no questioned asked.  Warrenty or not.

warrenty are not worth poop. if a company wants to get out of then the usualey do...
 but yes if thought of foul play ie the product has been broke scratched by coustomer then thats it......

i dont like that side of the work. but most of the time if genuine then falt is resolved........

the problem is for the warenty its covered by the manufacture ,most of the time china... buy the time you emale them of the problem, that takes 3 days or so to hear back from them. then they want order no seral no pictures of fault etc. that takes another 3 days or so.
normaly after that they send replacement parts no quibble. but they may charge air fraight 1 week( expensive) or ship 3 months.
just a good job it doesnot happen often....

if just a cheep item under £50 then ill just give them the new part. not worth the hastle.

JC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
Update: I just removed the restricted boss and without any other mods gained at least 4-7 mph without the cdi, 82 jet etc. I definitely need the contra spring(on order) because hills still suck real bad. I got the mod bug again 8)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 12:42:48 PM »
warrenty are not worth poop. if a company wants to get out of then the usualey do...
 but yes if thought of foul play ie the product has been broke scratched by coustomer then thats it......

i dont like that side of the work. but most of the time if genuine then falt is resolved........

the problem is for the warenty its covered by the manufacture ,most of the time china... buy the time you emale them of the problem, that takes 3 days or so to hear back from them. then they want order no seral no pictures of fault etc. that takes another 3 days or so.
normaly after that they send replacement parts no quibble. but they may charge air fraight 1 week( expensive) or ship 3 months.
just a good job it doesnot happen often....

if just a cheep item under £50 then ill just give them the new part. not worth the hastle.

sounds good to me sorry about the bangering .I got taken real good a while back by a kyymoc dealer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()