Author Topic: agility bogging  (Read 2560 times)

flextrainer

• View Profile
agility bogging
« on: November 08, 2009, 06:03:37 AM »
hey guys I need helo with my agility 50. I have a low end miss that is killing my take off and acceleration. It bogs and cuts out when I get on the throttle. I have checked the pilot jet, choke, main jet, air filter is new, and fuel filter and plug are new. It takes a few seconds to pick up and accelerates poorly. It is worse when it gets warm. The plug reads rich, but I am running a 35 pilot and 86 main with an open element air filter. Help please.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: agility bogging
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 11:57:56 AM »
...my guess is that it's running very lean...

..I have the same air filter setup, and i'm running a 110 main jet...

..I would guess that it's worse after warm-up because the autobystarter has closed, and it's starving for fuel when you get on the throttle...

..also make sure that the needle slider assembly is functioning properly..

..check the integrity of the rubber seal, and make sure the slider moves freely with no restrction...

..hope you track it down!!

post back!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 03:07:09 PM »
thanks wordslinger. that is what I thought too, but the plug reads rich. black and wet.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »
..when are you reading the plug?...did you do a WOT plug chop?

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »
I have done both. After wide open chop it reads good, dry with a brown tip. After idling for a minute and after idling with a few revs it reads rich. I think it's in the pilot system or possibly the float level. If not it could be a spark issue i guess. Also with a bigger main jet it does seem worse. I was wondering where you get your jets if you did buy them instead of drilling them. The Kymco carb is a little different than the Kehin I swapped it out with. I have a jet kit for the Kehin with every jet size I need from 80 up to 98 in increments of two, but the threads are different and not interchangable. I thought about soldering the jet in the jet seat since the threads are smaller and it will sit in the seat flush. The only other thing it could possiby be is that I have a little bigger intake that may be slowing down the velocity of air exiting the carb and reducing vacuum. Almost forgot the jet seat is longer in the Kymco carb, so the seat from the Kehin won't push the needle guide in and hold it up.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:27:38 PM by flextrainer »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »
..I ran into the kehin jet threads problem myself...I found a little cycle shop about 8 miles outside of town that had a box full of used jets, with the correct thread...got me some very small ported ones and have been drilling to spec...

..I'm a bit confused about your plug reads...sounds like just the opposite of what you'ld expect...and the fact that when you increase main jet size, the problem is worse, wth a high fow filter...hmmm...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 09:58:41 PM »
Sounds like the auto choke is not seating correctly. I'd pull it apart and test it manually. A can of brake clean will tell you if it is fully seating. I have had to wet sand the plunger on mine due to it binding ALMOST at the bottom.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

flextrainer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 02:00:33 AM »
Thanks guys. I know it had me puzzled. The opposite of logic. I'm almost ashamed to tell what the problem was, but my pilot jet had loosened up and must have been leaking fuel when the throttle was first opened. So it was pulling from both jets(too much from pilot). That explains the readings though. Now on to my bbk and clutch/variator and then backto the carb, does it ever end..hopefully not... One more thing have you tried any electrica lupgrades like a high output coil or cdi?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:19:00 AM by flextrainer »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 08:13:33 AM »
I have one of those Orange High Output coils from scooter assassins. The hi tension lead is stainless steel core instead of the graphite in the factory set-up. The only drawback was the boot. It is made of a styrene type material, and did not last 1 month. It became brittle, and broke into dust. I striped back 1" on the lead, and put the original boot on , and have had no trouble since. I couldn't say the coil is better than the stock one, but it looks cooler. I bought that ,and their high flow fan. The fan moves ssoo much air it blows the shroud halves apart at the top of the engine. I added a stainless strap to keep it together
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()