Author Topic: Iridium!!!  (Read 4448 times)

juice

• View Profile
Re: Iridium!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 08:26:29 PM »
The ngk rep recomended the BPR8HIX for my people 50 2t . Hope this helps , good luck.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 10:25:33 PM »
Man oh Man, juice YOU ARE THE MAN. Thanks for the starting point. I am running a 7 for the heat range , and it is working well for me I had to go 2mm shallower to accommodate the shave on my head. This number gives me a GIANT head start. Thanks man. Oh Yea! MASS IRIDIUM TO ALL...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
the replacement for the cr7hsa (agility 50) is cr7ihx . I got mine through advance auto for $6.xx , had to wait 1 day . ill check on the people 50 replacement .

..dude..thanx a million!!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:38 AM »
Hello all of you.

I have also been reading about different sparkplugs and from what i have read iridium is the newest sparkplug material and there should bee some good things about this.

From what i have read the "normal" NGK CR7HSA which is used in many scooters can be switched for a NGK CR7HIX if you want a NGK with iridium.
You can also use Denso IUF22 which should be the smallest centerelectrode tip in the world, its only 0,4 mm compare to 2,5 mm on standard plugs.

Check my page about sparkplugs : http://mentos.wep.dk/scooterhjemmeside/tandror.html
(theres a link for google translate on the right top of page id you want to understand the text.)
Go down to Iridium for iridium info: http://mentos.wep.dk/scooterhjemmeside/tandror.html#iridium

Anyway i read in a denso manual that a Honda Dio 2 stroke running at 30 km/h went 2 km more per liter of fuel (5% longer).
If its realy true that you go longer for the same amount of fuel then the extra money spent on a iridium plug would more back to you and in the end its cheaper to buy a iridium.... given that its true.

The Denso IUF22 (can be used instead of NGK CR7HSA) is in the plug series called "iridium power" by denso and they should late 15000-20000 km with out any adjusting.
Denso writes that you should not adjust the electrode because one might damage the sharpe edge of the tip, but if you adjust you should be carefull.

Check http://mentos.wep.dk/scooterhjemmeside/download/tandrror_iriduim.pdf if you want to read the details about iriduim use in sparkplugs.
Also check : http://theodoregray.com/PeriodicTable/Elements/SparkPlugsGroup/index.s7.html interesting reading about what materials have been use in spark plugs. Firestone have made sparkplugs with radioactive polonium.

Why is iridium used in sparkplugs you ask ?
Course it have a high melting point and is very strong... this makes it posible to make a very small tip (the smaller the tip the more easily the spark will jump and the less voltage is required) and also there is not removed so much material with each sparks compared to standard plugs with nickel.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 02:15:25 PM »
...this is the best forum in the world.......
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »
I haven't looked at your links yet but 1 more advantage of iridium is the tip is so small it is self cleaning. The "soot" has nowhere to stick. With a properly tuned carb/ exhaust system, and the correct heat range plug for your set up these plugs are supposed to be the "cats meow" If you have ever put in whatever plug you have sitting around you know first hand how the engine suffers, so the best plug you can but in only makes sense. Thanks for the help scooterg...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Whitewolf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 07:33:49 PM »
   About 6 months ago I did a research on my own and I could not find an NGK equivalent for my Agility 50,though I found one for Denso,IUF 22. Hope my scooter will get soon the well deserved CR 7 HIX.
Thank you Juice and everybody. Iridium...FOREVER...!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »
MASS IRIDIUM! Does anyone have their first album?

SeanOaloha

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 11:22:33 PM »
Sweet!! I love forums and I can attest to loving the ngk iridium plug, what a difference!! I cant wait to see MASS IRIDIUM Live in Hawaii next week they f***ing rock!!
MAHALO FOR YOUR ALOHA!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »
Dude, Please post some picts! Also if they have the OFFICIAL T shirts> I Think slinger is setting up a "scoot ride" to see them! We should all be leaving from East LA! sometime soon! Maybe I can get them to sign some puppies to sell on Ebay...

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
Well , has anyone new tried an iridium plug and if so what are your impressions ? Thanks .

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 01:20:52 AM »
DUDE.... THEY RROOCCKK!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()