Author Topic: Cleaned up the parts & tool situation...  (Read 757 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Cleaned up the parts & tool situation...
« on: January 16, 2017, 01:37:41 PM »
....with Santa's help.
The Mrs. saw me looking in the Harbor Freight mag at tool chests.

Around the holidays Sears has crazy prices on things, better than Harbor F, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, etc.
The family were tired of me taking back all of the gifts of sweaters, ties, shirts, etc. - or just politely never wearing same.
So my children & Mrs. Stig decided they were also tired of hearing me grouse-and-grump-about when looking for my tools and/or parts. Bits were scattered around in different little tool boxes, under beds, in dresser drawers, in VW, Kymco, Honda or Suzuki boxes. Sort of organized - but scattered over the years.

I know I own that tool - if only I could go right to it.

I spent two days filling the drawers of this thing - even the allen wrenches are all together again !

I am NOT a nut for expensive hand tools....I still think the best tools for home mechanics can be found on the dollar table. (I have never damaged a part or broken a wrench from a $7 set.) But it is nice to have a tool chest when they are 60% off list.
Stig
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:49:38 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
Re: Cleaned up the parts & tool situation...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:02:58 PM »
Very nice Tom and you have a garage too, to store and work on your bikes. Mine are under a Bike Barn outside with a second bike cover overreach  too. Bikes stay dry and clean but no where to store King Kong tool boxes like this one. Hopefully will get my new shop build this year and may even get a Northern Tools bike lift too. Fingers crossed for a good year with our business to realize such a goal. Shoot I may even get one of these King Kong boxes too.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
Stig, do you think it would possible for my wife to talk to your wife about getting husbands CHRISTmas gifts????

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »
Very nice Stig.  Makes it so much easier to dig stuff out and put it back where you'll find it again (I gotta work on that)

RE: Cheap tools  I have broken cheap tools, rounded bolts/nuts & ended up buying better ones to get the job done.
Craftsman was my go to, but it's long since moved to the point where there's better out there for the same $$ or less. 
Hopefully the marque's new owner will do better than Sears has done in it's death throes.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()