Author Topic: Mid sixties this coming 3 day weekend  (Read 999 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Mid sixties this coming 3 day weekend
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:10:34 AM »
With temps in the mid 60s I would be nuts to miss out on riding all 3 days. Put the wife and kids on notice I'm riding. Can't wait! Anyone else taking advantage of a 3 day weekend to ride?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mid sixties this coming 3 day weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 12:49:22 AM »
Where are you? I'm coming there!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 03:46:38 AM »
 Since I haven't been working due to my injury, I was floating the idea of driving up into your area again soon. I had such a great experience riding my scooter the 400+ miles up to Henry Cowell park last spring. Great areas to ride peacefully are just outside of the insanity of the city. There are some beautiful views.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 09:29:43 AM »
Brutal cold spell sets record lows across the US

Not weather for scootering!

It's not as cold as that in the UK (maybe 37F during the day dropping below freezing overnight). The DT stays firmly in the shed enjoying a trickle of warming electricity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42506726

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 05:12:08 PM »
It's suppose to get up to a high of near 40f here in the Memphis area today and then turn brutally cold on the 31st and 1st day of 2018. No riding for me, as I have re-broken my left hip again. Left knee is also gone. I am going to put Sta-Bil in all my motor sports toys today. I would cram in a ride on them all if health permitted. To those of you who can ride, you are blessed. Hope to be back in the saddle come spring, good Lord willing.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »
Hey Mac

Sorry to hear about your bad luck there. At least it's not in the summer (i.e. peak biking season!). Pour yourself a dram and put your feet up.

I didn't realise it got that cold in Tennessee - somehow I thought it was lovely and warm all year round. You live and learn. Mind you, I watch Fast n Loud on the Disco Channel and I'm quite surprised how extreme the weather can be in Dallas, Texas.

Right, the top Gear episode where Hammond gets dropped into the Rockie Mountains and the other two have to 'rescue' him in great big huge US pickup trucks is on.

So if I don't speak to y'all before New Year, enjoy yourselves one and all and we'll see you in 2018.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »
I hear  it is 10 below in tennasee, nice and cool , 30 below here ,  going to 40 below new years day,  It will be cold for a week in the new year   HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY BODY,. 

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
Las Vegas has been mid to High 60's F the last three days heading into 2018. Looks like a repeat today too.
My wife spent Christmas in Michigan with her family and froze at -7 F.
She came home on Wednesday and we had to turn the A/C on for the drive home.
  Have a safe new year everyone.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:39:32 PM by Doc Wheezer »

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »
40 below? Holy guacamole!

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 11:20:50 PM »
Thank you Snorvey for the kind words. I hope, if the dr. says surgery, as in Hip replacement , he can get on it pronto. It took me 2 mo. of recovery before I could ride again on the other side. Got all my stuff Sta-Billed today. Every thing started right up except the DT. Battery too weak. I chunked the float charger and put a charger/tender on it and an hour later it was still charging. I hope that battery is okay. Oh well as the ole saying goes, "you play, you pay." Never made 40f today. Spring will be here before we know it. Cheers, my friend
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 12:05:12 AM »
Thank you Snorvey for the kind words. I hope, if the dr. says surgery, as in Hip replacement , he can get on it pronto. It took me 2 mo. of recovery before I could ride again on the other side. Got all my stuff Sta-Billed today. Every thing started right up except the DT. Battery too weak. I chunked the float charger and put a charger/tender on it and an hour later it was still charging. I hope that battery is okay. Oh well as the ole saying goes, "you play, you pay." Never made 40f today. Spring will be here before we know it. Cheers, my friend

spring will be here before you know it HA HAA     what is 3 months till spring  spring fever here MAC,

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 12:17:09 AM »
JUST THINKING  I have not tried the ASR traction control on the Piaggio yet, and the ice on the road is not going away,  any one tried city grips on ice ,  the downtown was like a whip sliding sideways,  I know I can not Rev the motor on the center stand, on the Piaggio,  the ASR wont let me,

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 12:40:17 AM »
JUST THINKING  I have not tried the ASR traction control on the Piaggio yet, and the ice on the road is not going away,  any one tried city grips on ice ,  the downtown was like a whip sliding sideways,  I know I can not Rev the motor on the center stand, on the Piaggio,  the ASR wont let me,
Well, tried City Grips on ice a couple of times - unintentionally!
Cannot recommend any ice riding without studing the tires....unless you're really, really curious what color the plastic is under your pretty Italian paint!

If you just can't resist the urge to ice ride......put on your helmet and dive off your porch onto the icy sidewalk. This way you get the actual ice-riding experience, without messing up your pretty Italian!

just sayin'

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
Took our dog to into town yesterday 12/30/17 and we stopped at the park.  We were there about 20 minutes when what did I hear,  an ice cream truck and 7 or 8 people were lining to up buy ice cream outdoors end of December in Las Vegas.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()