Author Topic: Rattling noise from transmission '07 people 50 2t  (Read 3540 times)

blufx

• View Profile
Re: Rattling noise from transmission '07 people 50 2t
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 10:55:18 PM »
Latest update: Nothing. Adding grease to the anchor pin and cam didn't stop it, so the rattle isn't brake shoe chatter. That leaves the variator and final drive gears as possible suspects (I hope I don't have to eat my words there).
Looking back, when I said I wanted to be somebody, I should have been a lot more specific.

blufx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 12:29:48 AM »
It's not brake related. Since there was no grease on the pin or cam, I  was hoping it might have been chatter from the shoes. No dice. I opened the final drive today and found nice clean gears, lots of clean oil on them, and bearings that I cant detect any play in. Even with the drive shaft hanging 5 inches out of the bearing, it only has about .,04 inches (1mm) of play at the opposite end of the shaft. I'm not going to replace all them just to see if that fixes it. They would have to have notable play to produce this noise. I'm running out of things it could be. I guess I'll get a new set of weights for the variator. If that doesn't do it, I'm at a loss.
Looking back, when I said I wanted to be somebody, I should have been a lot more specific.

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 12:53:38 AM »
Check the bell clutch. My brothers scoot was deformed and made a huge shake... and i only realized when i placed the bell on paper draw its outter circle and then messured. It had lesd than half a mm but it made it a big pita to ride. Any ways roller change wont hurt and ill give q shot there.. good luck

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

blufx

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 01:05:41 AM »
Check the bell clutch. My brothers scoot was deformed and made a huge shake... and i only realized when i placed the bell on paper draw its outter circle and then messured. It had lesd than half a mm but it made it a big pita to ride. Any ways roller change wont hurt and ill give q shot there.. good luck

I can see that causing a vibration. Not a rattle, especially a rattle that goes away when slight brake is applied. But I will check it with an indicator after I have it back together. Inside the bell, it looks perfect. A dent would cause the wear in the bell to have a gap, I would think. Anyway, I'll post back when it's assembled.  Thanks for the input.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()