Author Topic: 2015 450i update  (Read 465 times)

airshot

• View Profile
2015 450i update
« on: November 28, 2021, 07:52:26 PM »
As I am getting my 2015 450i ready fot winter, thought I would give an update on my machine.  The short story is, my Kymco has been an excellent machine!!  3K plus miles, still on original belt, only real item replaced was a speed sensor last year.  Last season I noticed the battery running low while plowing and in the cold this year it wasnt turning over very briskly.. Battery only tested at 12.3 volts so, after almost 6 years it wasvtime to replacevthe battery.  Decided to go with a premium AGM from wally world, they are heavy...almost 16 lbs, big difference from stock battery, has to be more kead...should be better with the winch in use which uses the most battery power of course.  The agm also holds an extra 50 amps of power, only time will tell.  Last spring I posted about replacing my tires with the AO33 and so far they have been great....not alot of use this summer due to wifes health issues, but still nice tires!!  3 years back I purchased a soft side enclosure from Offroad Body Armor and just installed it again for its 4th year of service.  If you use your machine in cold weather, this thing really helps to keep that awfull cold off your body.  This enclosure has proven to be very well made....no issues, tears or rips, this is tuff stuff !!!  With my little golf cart heater it makes plowing fun...yes, real fun!!  I no longer need to be wrapped up like a mummy where you can hardly move around and best part is I dont need heavy gloves to operate the shifter and winch button.  This machine has been used hard from being used as a tractor, trail riding, buried in mud, to just pleasure cruising around the neighborhood  with no issues!  Now with that said, I also take care of my machine, all synthetic oils and gear lube that are changed every year.  Cant wait for snow to start comming down so I can get out and play...

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 450i update
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 05:04:54 PM »
I replaced the battery in my '15 last year, Yusausa AGM

I have 3 sets of wheels, the originals have tires & chains, I have off road tires on a spare set of 12" wheels, and street tires on a set of 15" wheels
I have just under 3000 miles, still original belt, I have a windshield only, thinking of getting a cab enclosure

the ground is white outside my house, but only an inch or so, but it has stayed that way several days, has not gone above freezing to melt
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 02:03:23 AM »
The cab enclosure is not cheap but well made and makes a big difference in the cold !!  Once you have it figured out it takes me about 2-3 hrs max to put it on, or remove it.  I do have the factory roof on my machine, so you would need to make plans for some type of roof. When the enclosure is installed, the factory roof covers the top edges well and sort of seals it off.  The edges of the enclosure have 2" wide velcro strips that attach to the roll cage and body areas.  Look up the enclosure from Kurt D at body armor and they have videos on installation.  First time will take a full day or more to get all the velcro into position. After that it is press and stick then pull off carefully when you take it off.  This is my 4 th winter and enclosure is still like new, only more dirty...  With my little propane golf cart heater you can be out all day in the cold !!  It sounds like you spend a lot of time outdoors, especially in the cold, you would find the cab enclosure quite nice!!

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 09:25:40 PM »
Great to hear Airshot I don't have as many miles as you but my 700 has been everything I'd hoped for

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()