Author Topic: My super 8 150 has arrived  (Read 1307 times)

erics

• View Profile
My super 8 150 has arrived
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:22:35 AM »
I just got my long awaited super 8 150. Bike is 2013 with 4200 miles. Going to license and insure tomorrow and start using soon after

erics

• View Profile
Re: My super 8 150 has arrived
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »
I have noticed that the front brakes is very soft and does not stop the bike. Will bleed tomorrow and see what happens

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 07:41:29 PM »
Congrats on your scoot. I always use both brakes when stopping. Those fronts though should be carrying the load as far as stopping power so YES, do get them fixed.
Wayne

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »
Mine on my 2013 are soft also. I bled them, forwards and backwards, even flushed with new fluid, and it's still soft.
I'm not sure of your experience level, but bleeding these small systems can become a hassle real quick and lead to even worse performance afterwards.
Please let me know if you get it better, I'd like to know any tricks you may use.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 02:02:14 PM »
Is the brake lever 'soft' when you pull it  - or do you just mean the scoot does not stop quickly when lever pulled hard?

Squishy lever can be air in the lines ...> so, must be bled.
If you have a Good Hard Brake Lever Feel -but lousy stopping ...could be result of crud on the discs or pads, or poor quality pads.
OEM KYMCO pads are pretty good....so likely a good scrubbing of the discs with a green plastic kitchen scrubby can get rid of any build up on the disc without harming the surface of the metal.
(talking one of those pads with sponge on one side and rough scrubbing surface on the other....or the same material in small sheets form)

If bleeding and or cleaning up the surfaces does not do it - then I'm leaning towards Kymco put a lousy braking system on these scooters. Important parts are too small - or poor quality.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

erics

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 01:15:59 AM »
I have used this method over the years on bikes and cars and it worked for me .
Attach an air tight clear hose to the bleeding nipple and place in a clean container with the hose submerg in fluid  or in a fresh can of brake fluid.
Cracked the nipple sufficiently to allow fluid to pass through the clear hose . Pump the brake lever until all air bubbles dissappear in the hose. Tighten the nipple.
Don't forget to top up the resorvior

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 11:54:59 AM »
Did it work? Or help at all?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()