Author Topic: Front tire  (Read 873 times)

erics

• View Profile
Front tire
« on: April 03, 2016, 04:55:45 PM »
I would like to know if anyone has used 110 80 14 on their front wheel

teoteo

• Laughter is the Best Medicine
    • View Profile
Re: Front tire
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 04:43:10 AM »
I am using 110/70 14 IRC tyre on my front. Have been using it for 3+ years now. If U asked me, I couldn't feel any diff.in handling from the stock Cheng Shin tyre (90/80 14?? Can't remember wat size it was...). The handlebars always feels light & vague at any speeds. Gives little cornering confidence (especially on wet roads). I have given it less air in front (1.7 - 1.8 bar) hoping tat would improve cornering grip somewhat. ;)

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 06:47:59 PM »
Mine came with a 120/70-14.  I replaced it with a Michelin City Grip in the same size and am totally satisfied with it.  It was less expensive than the Chen Shin as well.  There are plenty of tires to choose from in that size.  I see no reason to go with a smaller tire.

I wish the same could be said for the rear tire >:(
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

teoteo

• Laughter is the Best Medicine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 03:50:32 AM »
Didn't know a 120/70 14 could fit the front...otherwise I may have gone for that. I just replaced my tyres cos the rear one was worn till the fabric thread was exposed!! The front one was still OK but both tyres were nearly over 5 yrs old. Got a Metzeler FeelFree 120/80 14 for the rear (Made In Brazil) & an IRC 110/70 14 for the front (Made In Thailand). Both for SGD150/-incl.installation. I thought it was quite a bargain....then I discovered that the Metzeler was made around Jan 2015...... ::). Anyway, I didn't want to spend too much cos I am only keeping the scooter till June 2019, so those new tyres should last till then....hopefully. You see, in my country,U need to purchase a "Certificate of Entitlement" (or COE for short) first before U can buy a motorbike or scooter. The COE only entitles U to "own" yr bike for a mere 10 yrs, after which if U decide to keep it for another 10 yrs U gotta buy that COE again. Current COE price for motorbikes is SGD6500/-. We are paying up to as much as SGD18000/- here for a small capacity (up to 200cc) bike or scooter. That means if I were residing in the US, I could probably buy nearly half a dozen scooters for the price of one here.....go figure folks :'(

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()