Author Topic: Kymco Like 200i Ignition Switch Install  (Read 2267 times)

tysonfchambers

• View Profile
Kymco Like 200i Ignition Switch Install
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:05:09 PM »
I recently lost my only key to my 2013 Kymco Like 200i and had to order a brand new ignition switch.  I have no idea hoe to install it.  Could you please either explain it to me, or, at the least, point me in the right direction?  Thank you SO very much!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!?!

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Like 200i Ignition Switch Install
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:54:45 AM »
I have not replaced the ignition switch. I have taken off the front covers before. That is how to access the ignition. It is mounted to the frame. The front cover comes off with the eight screws through the rear cover. The center section pops off then remove the bolt under the center section. The cover is tabbed in place everywhere. The front mudshield must be removed first.  Go slow with the tabs.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 03:36:28 AM »
Yeah he got it right, cover off for ignition. You will have to take off your seat and body panel to replace seat lock.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 12:42:07 AM »
I recently lost my only key to my 2013 Kymco Like 200i and had to order a brand new ignition switch.  I have no idea hoe to install it.  Could you please either explain it to me, or, at the least, point me in the right direction?  Thank you SO very much!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!?!
Here's the switch bolted to the frame - but the tricky bit is getting the plastic open to get at it. Then you have to get at the seat lock & more plastic has to come off.
If you're not comfortable with doing this - might be a job for the dealer?
Did you write down the code to the key? Not sure that would help....but.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()