Author Topic: Got new Euro headlight module. :-)  (Read 10447 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Got new Euro headlight module. :-)
« on: January 01, 2012, 06:44:58 PM »
I went ahead and ordered one from the guy in Poland.  $114 USD and free shipping, so cheaper than a new US version actually. 

It was not in original Kymco packaging but IS brand new.  Sadly, it had one broken tab but thankfully only broken at the screw hole so the screw held that tab fine. 

I decided not to return or gripe about the broken tab since it mounted fine and it works well. 

The position lights look really nice and nice and visible.  I've already ordered little blue LED bulbs for them.   ;D  They also cast light nicely off to the sides of the main beam.

The headlight beam is different from our USA versions.  Low beam has a sort of blank area in the upper left quadrant, I guess to keep from shining in oncoming drivers' eyes.  High beam is awesome. 

Pictures to come when I get a chance. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:51:12 PM by Hoolander2 »

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Got new Euro headlight module. :-)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »
How do us po white trash folks order from them thar Polskies?  :D  Really, how or who would we order from? And what bennies does this have over the stock unit? Dual head light, or what? Thanks. :-*

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 12:40:17 AM »
Hey, Sissy.  This po ol' boy only recently discovered the joy and sometimes heartbreak of ordering off of Ebay.   :D  It was listed there and the seller was in Poland.  It's the ONLY place this American has seen a Euro version available for sale.   Advantages are that a number of us think it looks cooler than the USA version.  ;)   But mainly the extra side lights (or position lights) we consider as giving extra visibility. 

I'd been wanting one for a while.  But after a couple of close calls with cars lately I went ahead with it figuring I'd be more visible. 

Edit to add:  to shop for your scooter on ebay, go to Ebay.com and in their search box type in Xciting, then choose "cars, trucks, etc" as the category to search.  That will give you just about everything that will fit your Xciting.  If you want to narrow the search, type in something like xciting, brake pads or whatever.  For another instance, the other night I typed in "194 led blue" and got every blue led bulb of that type on ebay displayed.

Ordering is generally easy but many sellers want you to have a PayPal account which is also easy to set up.  You can tie it to your bank account for instant transfer or, as some have suggested, only put enough money in the Paypal account to cover the purchase you are about to do. This you'll do by computer too.  Some sellers will take credit card number or even hold your purchase while waiting for your check. 

And of course some items are on ebay for auction which you would bid on and follow the auction over the course of time it runs -- may be days or hours -- it'll say how long it's going to run. 

The headlight module I got is no longer listed.  I think there were two when I commited to buy.  But likely will be more at some time.  I speculate that this seller in Poland probably got ahold couple of lights that were damaged and put em up for sale on ebay. Believe me I was leary of ordering from there but had the bug in me for that headlight and I'd searched around and found no other option.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:02:43 AM by Hoolander2 »

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 02:16:07 AM »
I am curious to this mod as I have been contemplating doing the same. I can't wait for those glossy photos!  ;)
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 06:01:59 AM »
Sissy, it occured to me that you already know about ebay so I apologize for the run on about that.  I didn't mean to insult you. 

By the way Chandler and Sissy, I sometimes see these light modules when I visit ebay and click whatever thing makes all international sellers come up.  They are listed by a seller in Germany.  I'll try to find it and post the link.  Think I posted it once before in a thread here started by Commuterscooter.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 02:23:32 AM »
None taken. Believe me, I am no ebay or internet GURU at all.  :-* Do you know how much a speedo cluster cost? I am so sick of looking at KPM & not MPH. :-*

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 04:21:15 AM »
It's chrome and rippled around the little side position lights.  It came with white bulbs in them.  I live in Georgia and don't know if it's legal here.  Guess I should ask someone huh?   :D 

If not legal I'll just put the blue ones in and take pictures and take em back out I guess.  ;)  Maybe amber would be legal. . .

Pictures coming as soon as possible -- maybe tomorrow. 

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 04:33:47 AM »
Sissy, I looked up the instrument cluster, it's $204.98 on the Kymcoparts123 site.  I think if you order it you get the updated version as is on the newer models.  I gather the dials are painted a different color from ours but not sure the mph is any easier to read. 

I sure can't read my mph dial and I've never gotten familiar enough with kilometers to make the conversion in my head quickly.  I had a friend with a car set their cruise control on 45 mph and I rode behind them so at least I know where 45 is on my dial and can estimate from there. 

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Pics of Euro Headlight
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 02:24:10 AM »
Here we go. Still haven't received the blue leds to try out.

CommuterScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 03:42:02 AM »
SEXY!!! ;D ;D
09 Xciting 250

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 04:33:32 AM »
I love it!
I am working on finding an adjustable windscreen. Once that is complete, the headlight is next. Thanks for the followup  :D
Simon

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »
Thats the reason I would like to have the new cluster as the speedo is on the outside and therefore much larger to see. Our small red inside MPH is very hard to read. Nice lights.  :-*

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »
Hoo, I looked up the polish seller to buy the headlight module, but he is no longer on ebay it seems. There is another ebay seller Rollershop.de that has the module for $113 + 35 shipping. I wonder if it will fit my '09 as it says it fits '04-07.
Simon

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 01:37:33 AM »
I believe it will fit.  I think the reason he lists it only to '09 is because after that the Euro Xcitings went to the new fairing/headlights. 

I can't seem to remember how to get those international sellers to come up on ebay.  How'd you do it?

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 01:46:51 AM »
When you type what you are looking for on fleabay, look to the left column and scroll down the option list. Check off "Worldwide" for sellers.
So with no luck finding the Polish guy, I went ahead and bought the one from "Rollershop.de" for $113 + 35 shipping. Now for the new windscreen. I sure wish I could find an adjustable Givi for my '09. All of the European sellers offer it but for the new fairing style 500's. I believe the European community got the new style fairing in '07. Sooo, if we are looking for parts from Europe, we need to look for 2006 and older 500's to fit our bikes.
BTW, you are my hero with these improvements!
Simon

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()