Author Topic: almost lost main stand  (Read 594 times)

speedee86

• 2012 Kymco Xciting 500 RI ABS
    • View Profile
almost lost main stand
« on: February 24, 2014, 05:13:06 AM »
has anyone else had any issues with their main stand, I almost lost mine today. My wife and I were riding and we heard a few what almost sounded like sputtering or mild backfire, was a wierd sound. Looked everything over and all looked fine. Bike was running fine and all. Continued home, went to put it on the main stand, pushed on the main stand lever with my foot and heard something hit the ground, come to find out it was the right side main stand bolt and the collar that goes around the bolt before it enters the mount and threads in had disappeared. Not sure how the hell that happened lol
I'm just glad it wasn't something mechanical and it was a simple as a $2.50 part that I just ordered of Kymco parts online. and at least I didn't lose the ball to the stand or the whole Main Stand self. Has anyone else ran into this issue or have the bolts came loose?
I'm guessing the sound must have been the loose Main Stand smacking back and forth on the frame underneath and then finally got to a point where it was not vibrating anymore.
always leave yourself an exit incase you get stuck in a pinch. RIDE SAFE!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()