Author Topic: PLACE FOR ( OTHER SCOOTERS ) FOR PEOPLE WITH MORE SCOOTERS, Piaggio ???  (Read 1195 times)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
seen this at Majesty scooter forum,   

PaulF

• View Profile
 :)  Thumbs up for that.

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
The other forum I used to frequent (before I started coming here more) had an "Other Rides" section and it did work well.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

big blue

• View Profile
Since we have many members with multiple scoots I think an "other rides" category would be interesting reading. Useful info comes in many forms and brands.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

SteveM

• View Profile
I'd like to see a separate thread for the Kymco People S 125 scooter. Seems odd not to have one already.

de dee

• View Profile
  piaggio Beverly 350 sport, checked the valves,  intake good,.   exhaust tight, needs adjusting,. 
seems like I have to loosen rocker arms and slide to the side and install the right size shim on the tappet, I guess I have to order various shims to get the right size, and I don't know what size  is in there now,

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
  piaggio Beverly 350 sport, checked the valves,  intake good,.   exhaust tight, needs adjusting,. 
seems like I have to loosen rocker arms and slide to the side and install the right size shim on the tappet, I guess I have to order various shims to get the right size, and I don't know what size  is in there now,
For my Forza I  found a set of shims on ebay which still had all the sizes, though a few had been removed. (Sets have more than a few of each size), for $35 shipped.
Enough for a life time of valve adjustments.....but how else can you be sure you'll have the size you need?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• View Profile
 :D ;D :o  had some fun yesterday, a friend did a steering bearing grease job on a vespa 300,  and a new bearings on the wheel hub, had a wooble in the front end,   the brake caliper bolt got striped while  torqueing it,  so we cant test ride till new piece comes in, he said we could change scooters to test ride , back and forth to see how our scooter feel ,  a piaggio vespa 300i and a piaggio b v 350 , it will be a fun ride ,.

PaulF

• View Profile
I think the biggest difference is going to be the steering.  My friend has a PCX 150 with 14" wheels and when we tried out each others scooters I really noticed the steering, so much nicer with larger rims.  He did think the brakes on the Like was better than the PCX though as the PCX still uses a drum on the rear.  I was looking at a BV350 at a local dealers the other day and they are an impressive scooter and that seat feels so good.  Just a bit out of my price range though.  The good news is that a newer Medley 150 is coming to out to our dealers soon and it will have a LED headlight, plus they have fixed the weak frame problem.  :)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
I think the biggest difference is going to be the steering.  My friend has a PCX 150 with 14" wheels and when we tried out each others scooters I really noticed the steering, so much nicer with larger rims.  He did think the brakes on the Like was better than the PCX though as the PCX still uses a drum on the rear.  I was looking at a BV350 at a local dealers the other day and they are an impressive scooter and that seat feels so good.  Just a bit out of my price range though.  The good news is that a newer Medley 150 is coming to out to our dealers soon and it will have a LED headlight, plus they have fixed the weak frame problem.  :)
Ooo, the Medley 150 - the upscale Liberty! Would have loved to look at one of those last year! No Medleys here, of any size.
Give us a look and your impressions when it gets there!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D  Well I tried his Vespa , it is much smoother riding , but I like my B .V . 350  for the power ,and the steering,  could be I am use to it, 
 we went for a ride today and I just passed 14,000 Km.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
  on my downtown 300 I installed the rear tire , I forgot to install the balancing Wt.s so I will  put a clamp on the tire and pore in the Wt.s

de dee

• View Profile
Piaggio B V 350 sport
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:14 AM »
 :D ;D ;D Changed my rear tire today,  took a few hours after supper,  installed a city grip 150 / 70  14,    it is almost the same as the downtown to change the tire,.   

de dee

• View Profile
Piaggio B V 350 2016
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 03:49:18 AM »
Temperature pushing 90 F.  high humidity,  cooler in the garage ,  change the oil for something to do,  added a little tungsten disulfide, second time went for a long ride high speed 80--85 MPH. keeping up with the traffic on the road to Montreal Que. stopped in a small town for ice cream , turned back home , with 240 Km. on the Odo.   

de dee

• View Profile
2016 Piaggio B V 350 sport
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 02:45:41 AM »
just passed 16020  Km. to-nite ,  with the hot weather hanging around,  it is a beeeech doing my honey DO job.,  and going for a ride at nite, to regenerate, 
  back door deck is done. just needs the railing to be finished, lower deck is framed and set up ready for the deck boards,  when the sun is on the boards it burns my hands to touch them, and to screw them on with clamping clips you have to kneel on the boards,  ouch   ouch!!!#%#^$#
  need to regenerate again just thinking if it, ride   ride ,.   

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()