Author Topic: Derestrict Agility 4 stroke 50i (2020 injection model)  (Read 1459 times)

turnip4545

• View Profile
Derestrict Agility 4 stroke 50i (2020 injection model)
« on: July 30, 2022, 06:16:31 PM »
Anyone know if replacement boss and changing roller weights still possible with this newer injection model.

Also may kits show CDI and larger jet for carb, but obviously this hasn't got a carb!

Final question is when I start the bike, it sometimes needs a bit of throttle and occasionally dies, like idle speed a bit too low.

Thanks in advance  :D

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Derestrict Agility 4 stroke 50i (2020 injection model)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 07:28:49 PM »
Yeah....don't try messing with the idle speed!
If it is a very low mileage scoot it might run at idle better when you get some miles on it.
You could try an Iridium spark plug, which often boosts the idle speed a little....and many play around with different weight rollers looking for better acceleration and improved top speed. But, it is a 50 so- it'll never be a racer :)
I think the newer models are leaned out a bit to meet pollution restrictions - especially at start up - which can lead to less than strong idle..but nothing to worry about.
Can your dealer's service desk offer any suggestions for mods that are proven to make a difference with your model?

Welcome to the forum.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

turnip4545

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 09:48:42 PM »
Yeah....don't try messing with the idle speed!
If it is a very low mileage scoot it might run at idle better when you get some miles on it.
You could try an Iridium spark plug, which often boosts the idle speed a little....and many play around with different weight rollers looking for better acceleration and improved top speed. But, it is a 50 so- it'll never be a racer :)
I think the newer models are leaned out a bit to meet pollution restrictions - especially at start up - which can lead to less than strong idle..but nothing to worry about.
Can your dealer's service desk offer any suggestions for mods that are proven to make a difference with your model?

Welcome to the forum.
Stig

Thanks for your reply.

The bike had only done 500 miles when we purchased it from somebody else here in the UK. There is nothing wrong with it and realise it is no racer, but even 5-10mph gain would be good.

I will leave the idle as is for now and hope it runs in a bit better. There doesn't seem to be any threads online relating to the injection model either.

We will contact a local dealer as suggested and see what they come back with  ;)

turnip4545

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 07:28:15 PM »
Today I fitted a kit off fleabay which included a new variator with weights and boss. This has improved acceleration.

But the original boss did not have the 'shoulder' restriction part, so the boss in the kit and original were the same.

This leads me to believe there is something else limited the top end speed, maybe just the CDi/ecu part?

My local dealer is trying to find out more information.

Mange6767

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 05:12:41 PM »
The Company Division,has now released a kit.For agility 16+ 50CC,Euro4/Euro5 engines.
If your engine is ,Strangled,throttled at the rpm.
Works perfekt.Before my maxspeed was 45 km/t.Now near 55 km/t On a flat road.:)
https://www.twostroke.se/division-kontrollenhet-ecu-ostrypt

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 12:32:29 AM »
The Company Division,has now released a kit.For agility 16+ 50CC,Euro4/Euro5 engines.
If your engine is ,Strangled,throttled at the rpm.
Works perfekt.Before my maxspeed was 45 km/t.Now near 55 km/t On a flat road.:)
https://www.twostroke.se/division-kontrollenhet-ecu-ostrypt
@$192.00 + shipping/customs
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 10:04:13 AM »
Before my maxspeed was 45 km/t.Now near 55 km/t On a flat road
Europeans are restricted to 45kph (strictly enforced by the Wehrmacht), so if you in the UK can get a get a kit to unleash hidden power(!), that's a Brexit bonus!  55kph from 50cc is excellent! But don't try it on the Autobahn!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 10:06:43 AM by JJJoseph »

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 01:27:40 PM »
Europeans are restricted to 45kph (strictly enforced by the Wehrmacht), so if you in the UK can get a get a kit to unleash hidden power(!), that's a Brexit bonus!  55kph from 50cc is excellent! But don't try it on the Autobahn!

... and don't forget to inform your insurance company  ;)
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Mange6767

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 04:00:48 PM »
I am from Sweden and bought the kit I linked in my first post.
Before on a strong downhill,Was 50 Km/t,absolute max.And it filled frustrating to drive the moped.(Now near 60 km/t)
I know its only a moped, so i,ll skip the Autobahn. :D

DecentDad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2023, 08:51:39 AM »
My son has a 2021 Agility 50 E5 injection model.  He is 17 tomorrow so will no longer be restricted to mopeds here in the UK.  We are considering the ECU upgrade kit from twostroke.se.  Can someone tell us how easy is it to install?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()