Author Topic: My Kymco Agility 50 Starting Problem??  (Read 34008 times)

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
Re: My Kymco Agility 50 Starting Problem??
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 03:43:33 PM »
I have not even tried my kickstart only used elec so far and the colder its been the quicker its started which im putting down to the choke being fully on....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »
take some starting flued or carb cleaner and just befor you go to start spray a little next to the elc chock it well get in there just enough to prime the start and just might fire up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 04:26:06 PM »
..be careful about using too much starting fluid tho...it burns really hot and can be similar to running lean..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

micoman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 08:01:39 PM »
At the dealers at the moment and they have changed the spark plug again and cleaned out the carb and have sprayed with water to see if its the problem? Starting ok most the time with them so leaving it in workshop tonight and testing Thursday morning.

Hope to get back tomorrow as I hate waiting for buses and paying £5 for one day return trip of 5 miles!!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 10:57:38 PM »
ask theam to replace the fuel lines and air lines .some times good clean lines might just do it.oooya gas filter too.

micoman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 12:47:13 AM »
Got it back from the dealers Thursday and it started ok after they changed spark plug again and cleaned carb. They also tested after spraying water on the bike as I did have more problems on a wet day. Friday morning was dry and about 10 degrees and it took over 5 starts to get it going, with the same after work at 6pm.

Saturday was about the same weather and started first time! and at 6pm again started second time!

Here's what it was like when I could not start it last week.

They did tell me when they changed my battery a year ago they used the higher rated one for the 125cc model.

I also think the starter sounds different from when it was new, its just sounds like its chewing the cogs inside??

Anyone had to change a starter motor on one? How much is a new one going to cost?

Fed up now :( I just want to get it working and then sell it now :(

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:00:37 AM by micoman »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 12:57:26 AM »
Check the starter Bendix first. It sits inside the cvt cover just next to the starter motor. This is the wear part. It may just need a cleaning. Starter motors are about 50 bucks. Less if you look around ebay, and such. It's a simple machine, and the problem you are having is a simple fix. It's just hard to trouble shoot over the net. Happily (or sadly) your frustration will turn into another's windfall if you sell w/ a simple problem.
I've been divorced 3 times... I know about frustration!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 02:12:18 AM »
I see you said replaced the plug again.mmmmmmmit just might be your plug wire.find a way to test and see if you are geting spark.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 06:26:01 AM »
She's tryin! I think you've got spark. Test compression and the only thing left is fuel.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »
have you checked to see if the carb is geting gas.take a small bottle with a nipple on it and fill with gas.then hook it to the carb and see it well fire up.if it does that well tell you its not the carb its eather the filter or the pedcock maybe the tanks not opening up enough to let out all the gas. plus make sure all the tubes going from and to the carb are on tight no air leakes.

micoman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »
Will see what its like over the next few days going to work.

Thanks for all the advice.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »
Try and keep it cranking over longer. Mine would not start with a short crank as fast as that 1st thing in the morning. I dont twist my throttle either, i just hold in my electric start and it starts up then i dont rev it and the auto choke comes in and picks up my revs for me to warm it up. Some cold wet mornings it takes maybe double the time of your crank overs. Try just hold on the electric start for maybe 10secs at a tmie at most. On the odd day if i havent run it a few days it takes more time to kick in.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
If you keep doing small cranks while twisting the throttle and it doesnt start up you will just flood the plug and be even harder to start.Give it one long crank over.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 03:13:28 PM »
If you keep doing small cranks while twisting the throttle and it doesnt start up you will just flood the plug and be even harder to start.Give it one long crank over.

I've found that in cold weather not using a throttle works best for starting, while in warm weather, or when the AG 50 has warmed up using a little throttle works best.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »
I've found that in cold weather not using a throttle works best for starting, while in warm weather, or when the AG 50 has warmed up using a little throttle works best.
Thats how i start mine too. I just hold the brake and crank the electric start with no throttle, if it doesnt start after 3-4 secs i give it one throttle twist on then off while still cranking and it starts. I do not normally let off the electric start till it starts unless its been sitting a week or so without use then it may take a couple of times to start but it always starts. I would defo try that and see how it does on yours. I f i remember i will try film my start up tomorrow morning and post it up.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()