Author Topic: service!  (Read 1341 times)

gazza1989

• View Profile
service!
« on: April 11, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
I called ride on to get a quote for my agility 50 2005 to get serviced n was quoted £150 I think that's a rip off! What parts should get replaced in the service of my bike n al buy myself n even try to service! Part numbers would be helpful

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
Re: service!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »
It would depened how much of a service you want to give it are you having any issue's with it when was it last serviced or do you just want a basic service. A basic service is fairly easy for the beginer with basic tools but if you want to start setting valve clearences and checking/changing your drive belt clutch shoes etc it can start to get tricky if you have limited tools. Also keep in mind if its not broken dont fix it as inexperiance could make things worse but if you feel confident and it needs doing and your good with tools it can be a really good experiance to have done these jobs yourself. For me the most important parts of maintaining my scoot is oil changes every few thousand km and check/clean or replace sparkplug and airfilter every 5000km the rest i only do if i think it really needs doing like if i had reason to belive my drive belt was near the end of its life or my valves are tapping otherwise i leave alone, also i have RAC recovery so if im far from home they will get me and my bike home if it cannot be repaired at the side of the road this gives me peace of mind so i dont mind doing the odd 45 mile trip that i need to do once every few weeks or my 24 mile round trip to work.....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: service!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:11:55 AM »
I called ride on to get a quote for my agility 50 2005 to get serviced n was quoted £150 I think that's a rip off! What parts should get replaced in the service of my bike n al buy myself n even try to service! Part numbers would be helpful

Yes those Ride On labour prices are a complete joke. You would be better doing it yourself anyway so you know its def been done correctly and good quality oils etc have been used.

Like Kisbee says, oil changes are a must, i do my engine every 2000km if poss, or every 2500km at latest, do gear oil every 2nd engine oil change. Also open the airbox and swap the filter if its dirty or clean it up if it still looks ok. Check the spark plug or just swap it for a new one anyway if its old. Open the cvt cover and che k the belt condition, if its not cracked or too worn just reuse it. While your in there take off the variator and check the rollers are ok with no flat spots. Check the clutch pads still have life in them. Check valve clearances. Check brake pads are not too worn.

For a quick mini service just do the oils, air filter, plug and check the belt, tyres, clutch and rollers. Check condition of tyres and che k air pressures.

I only do my valves when it feels it needs it or 2-3 times a yr at most. Brakes i only check if im in there for another reason or have a wheel off or if it feels wrong or worn.

Def do not entertain Ride On prices, should be called Take Me For A Ride On  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()