Author Topic: Fellow AK550 Owners Question - Noticeable vibration at deceleration  (Read 3579 times)

jermwars

• View Profile
Re: Fellow AK550 Owners Question - Noticeable vibration at deceleration
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2022, 08:20:58 PM »
ITS GONE!!!!

After 6500 (ish) miles the "thump" is completely gone. I cant feel it or make it happen under any circumstances.

The guy at KymCo service was right.

I officially take back some of the crap i talked about them.

:D

22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2022, 02:23:38 PM »
Great news!  Mirrors my experience with the X-T300 when new.  The transmission roughness under load smoothed out at about 1,000 miles.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2022, 08:05:47 PM »
After only 1400  reads the problem with the new 550 healed itself!
Thank goodness :)

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

WEL

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2022, 06:23:11 AM »
We never did hear a word back from the guy that started this thread, did we...

::) :o :-\

Didn't realize my had so many responses and I wasn't alone (or crazy).  I had to take break, but starting riding again. Still feel the clunk, but seems to be less intense. Early February will be 1 year since I picked it up.
KYMCO
2021 AK 550

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2022, 03:10:37 PM »
Didn't realize my had so many responses and I wasn't alone (or crazy).  I had to take break, but starting riding again. Still feel the clunk, but seems to be less intense. Early February will be 1 year since I picked it up.

How many miles have you racked up on it?
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2022, 05:06:49 PM »
I have tried to note if mine every did that vibration or shudder or clunk at deceleration. I cannot say that I have ever really felt it. I do feel when the clutch lets go but I really can't say that it was a clunk or vibration when that happens, just a release of engine drag. I now have 1339 miles on mine. So I guess if it was going to do it I'm past the time to notice.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2022, 08:57:42 PM »
I have tried to note if mine every did that vibration or shudder or clunk at deceleration. I cannot say that I have ever really felt it. I do feel when the clutch lets go but I really can't say that it was a clunk or vibration when that happens, just a release of engine drag. I now have 1339 miles on mine. So I guess if it was going to do it I'm past the time to notice.

I feel ridiculous now for having obsessed so much over it. Just glad I didn't waste the effort of tearing it down since it was never broken.

22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2022, 12:38:49 PM »
After only 1400  reads the problem with the new 550 healed itself!
Thank goodness :)

Stig

Self healing vehicles, it's a thing!  Readers' Digest version, driving down to Devon last week we were irritated by a strange vibration from the wife's Range Rover.  Eventually located it to the top of the windscreen (windshield) seal which had lifted about 10mm and was vibrating in the wind at about 70 mph. 

Decided to fix it myself with a tube of silicone sealant which I ordered from Amazon.  This arrived yesterday and so I mooched out to effect the repair.  To my surprise I discover the seal is now lying flat and no amount of gentle "encouragement" prising with the blade of a knife would persuade it to unseat itself again!  After a few attempts I decided that brute force would only make things worse, so I've put the sealant (which fortunately remained unopened) on the shelf in the garage just in case it lifts again.

Life occasionally throws up these mysteries!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2022, 07:44:21 PM »

Ive noticed I do feel it EVER SO slightly under just the right circumstances...when its cold, just the right acceleration/deceleration and its absolutely not something anyone would notice unless they tried really hard like i have been.

Im just so grateful that it didnt end up being degenerative. Never would have imagined it being regenerative :D
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

jermwars

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2022, 07:58:46 PM »
Self healing vehicles, it's a thing!  Readers' Digest version, driving down to Devon last week we were irritated by a strange vibration from the wife's Range Rover.  Eventually located it to the top of the windscreen (windshield) seal which had lifted about 10mm and was vibrating in the wind at about 70 mph. 

Decided to fix it myself with a tube of silicone sealant which I ordered from Amazon.  This arrived yesterday and so I mooched out to effect the repair.  To my surprise I discover the seal is now lying flat and no amount of gentle "encouragement" prising with the blade of a knife would persuade it to unseat itself again!  After a few attempts I decided that brute force would only make things worse, so I've put the sealant (which fortunately remained unopened) on the shelf in the garage just in case it lifts again.

Life occasionally throws up these mysteries!

I had a feeling this might work itself out and i was getting my panties all twisted up over nothing once i saw this guy had the exact same issue. Suddenly it was no longer an anomaly...prior to that i was convincing myself that the dealer was jerking me around.

Thank god for the internet. 

LONG LIVE KymcoForum.com!!!
22' KymCo AK550
07' Yamaha Majesty YP400

Kymco Slice

• 2022 AK550
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2022, 07:27:37 PM »
I'm glad that it worked itself out for you.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()