Author Topic: Headlight glare  (Read 1286 times)

Groversmith

• View Profile
Headlight glare
« on: August 25, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »
Has anyone found a good solution? I see some people bought "shields" and some used tape. What is the best solution?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Headlight glare
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:51:59 PM »
Has anyone found a good solution? I see some people bought "shields" and some used tape. What is the best solution?
I tried blue painter's tape but the light comes through. (I carry this tape in my top case to put on the top area of my face shield when the sun gets real low and in my eyes.)
2 strips of black electrical tape does the trick...but remove it every now and then and clean head light with some charcoal lighter, then Windex..

Maybe a few strips of wide chrome pin stripe tape would look the best. Do they make it in chrome? Or silver might do.
Seems like onlly tall riders have that glare.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:27:34 AM »
I carry a roll of black electrician's tape in the "glove compartment" with my garage door opener. If riding at night, it takes just a minute to peel off a couple of strips to put across the top of the light. I take them off when I get home without any problem. I was leaving them on, but they don't like the heat. It's much easier just to put them on and take them off every time. Don't ride that much in the dark anyway.
Peace and ride safe
Don
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

Groversmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
Three strips of electrical tape seemed to do the trick.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 02:12:54 AM »
I carry a roll of black electrician's tape in the "glove compartment" with my garage door opener. If riding at night, it takes just a minute to peel off a couple of strips to put across the top of the light. I take them off when I get home without any problem. I was leaving them on, but they don't like the heat. It's much easier just to put them on and take them off every time. Don't ride that much in the dark anyway.
Peace and ride safe
Don
I tried Dons electric tape trick as well. Good temporary fix. I don't ride much at night. If I did do a lot of night riding, I would probably paint that area in a color to match the bike.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()