Author Topic: How do I adjust an Agility 50 carb for a carbon-fouled / rich plug without mods?  (Read 1145 times)

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
I have searched all over this forum for adjusting a rich carb, but all the advice seems to be for people who have done performance mods. I was hoping to just keep the stock jets and other components / keep it simple. The manual says to adjust the "pilot screw" for a rich mixture...says I need a tachometer to adjust this screw until a 1900rpm.

Is that really all I need to do? I thought my idle was already set pretty well, so I'm not sure I would want to move it too far.

I'm cleaning the entire carb tomorrow, so appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
2007 Kymco Agility 50
Stock other than Dr. Pulley Sliders and derestricted from the dealer.

ophelia

• View Profile
It's probably a good idea to measure the float level with a small ruler and compare it with the factory specifications as you are taking apart the carburetor for cleaning. Too much fuel in the float bowl from an out-of-spec float needle or float might make you run rich.

Also, have a look at your air filter. A plugged air filter might also make you run a little rich.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
.agreed, a dirty filter will cause a rich condition, and a faulty "Auto-Bystarter" (sticking open) will as well..

..check the filter housing as well..I have known critters to crawl up in there and make house..

::)

..Adjusting the pilot screw only effects the fuel mix while the scoot is at idle speed...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
Go to the zx50 page, I've put a guide in my tuning mod for setting mixture. Yours will be the same if it's a two stroke

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..the zx is completely different engine from other KYMCO 2ts, yet procedures work across the board...

..lee, the agility is a 4t..not sure about oem pilot settings on the zx..but other 2ts suggest 3/4 turn open for oem pilot screw setting...on the 4t scoots, that approximate setting is 1.5 turns open..

;)

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
Thanks everyone. Love this place!
2007 Kymco Agility 50
Stock other than Dr. Pulley Sliders and derestricted from the dealer.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..quite welcome!!

..I have a 2008 agility that, in her day, would top out at 60mph...

..modded like mad, but well worth it!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()