Author Topic: Is derestricting CDI safe for the motor ??  (Read 20193 times)

R19Roum

• R19RoumRU
    • View Profile
Is derestricting CDI safe for the motor
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
Harness with a collar- just need to make the collar jingle to get their attention-
Yorkies have way too sensitive windpipes for choke collars-

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Is derestricting CDI safe for the motor ??
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »
25k volts get em going...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 01:38:08 AM »
So this cdi has a higher timing curve? If i bought this, would i go faster? 28mph sux, 39mph would be great!  I dont get it, if theres no cdi rev limit/restriction, why cant i get past 28mph even on a very steep hill?

I had a nice explanation written out here, but I got logged out by the high-tech BB system which wouldn't let me post - so I lost all the info when it canceled my post.  Now it's time for dinner. Sorry!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2014, 03:38:39 AM »
I for one would love to read it... Guess I have to wait.  What are we having for dinner?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
Ok, i explained to the dealer that i had the bigger jet and boss installed for $45 but theres still one restriction left. Told him that the newer 2013s dont have a restricted cdi's according to this forum.  He said, the only other thing to do is the pulley on the belt, it shouldve came with a longer one.  WTF?? So i need a new pulley or a longer belt?  The belt i have is a Bando 23100-KEB7-9000. Thats the right belt aint it?  Zombie, bettinandlosin, blue, or any1, help please lol!!! 
WTF, i have a Ninja 650!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »
He was mistaken. You have the same belt as 99% of us.

The next step after the de-restrict is 5.5gr rollers/sliders, a stiffer contra spring, larger carb. I forget if you have done any/all of these.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 11:56:39 PM »
Ok, i explained to the dealer that i had the bigger jet and boss installed for $45 but theres still one restriction left. Told him that the newer 2013s dont have a restricted cdi's according to this forum.  He said, the only other thing to do is the pulley on the belt, it shouldve came with a longer one.  WTF?? So i need a new pulley or a longer belt?  The belt i have is a Bando 23100-KEB7-9000. Thats the right belt aint it?  Zombie, bettinandlosin, blue, or any1, help please lol!!!

Yeah +2 to what Z said, take your bike somewhere else they don't know what their talking about.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2015, 09:18:25 AM »
He was mistaken. You have the same belt as 99% of us.

The next step after the de-restrict is 5.5gr rollers/sliders, a stiffer contra spring, larger carb. I forget if you have done any/all of these.
But why do i only get 28mph even @ full throttle down a hill? It absolutely stops exactly at the same speed everytime. It cannot go past that no matter what.  Somethings not right. And no, i have not done the rollers, spring etc. I was under the impression that i could at least hit 36-40mph with out that?  So im thinking if they didnt derestrict it, my topspeed woulda been 20-25mph?  Say waaaaaa?  I bet they lied, i still have the original jet and boss lol!! 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:29:36 AM by MoToFaLcon »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2015, 09:48:14 AM »
35 is the top sped for most restricted scooters. 40 is de restricted

There is NO way for any of us to know what state yours is in over the net but we are willing to help try to figure it out. You however have to do the work.

Pull off the cvt cover, and the variator and tell us wht drive boss is in it. Same for the carb jet. Put your eyes on it, and tell us which jet is installed. Pull the square plug out of the air box.

From there we can go further. Till then everyone is lying, and the bike will always go 28 up hill down hill off a cliff. Always 28. (Stephen King Gypsy curse) Always 28!

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »
Yea it hits 34mph on speedo, 28-29 on gps. But youre right zombie, i'll be back.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »
We'll be here Bro!

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »
Sutai is the only company I know of that builds in that rev limiter. That CDI linked is a China copy of the Sutai so I do not believe it will be limited. While it may not be a performance cdi it will act the same as the unlimited CDI.

You do have a point there... With yours being de restricted, there will be no advantage to swapping yours for that one,

I got confused on the year of your bike.
The 2013's do have the Suitai D411 30410-LBD6-E00 2013.FEB CDI's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rbj

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2016, 12:48:51 AM »
I have  a 2009 agility 50 which unrestricted cdi do I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2016, 09:19:04 AM »
I've tried many different CDIs and found with an unlimited RPM model, things can come unglued.  I used to run my BBK 50cc Kymco at 10,000 rpm (about 50mph) but my variator exploded, taking out the left side of the crankcase.  I don't know for sure if it was the high rpms (I use a tach), but (I've since switched to a 9,000rpm CDI).  So far, so good, but I'm down to 44mph.

Rbj

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2016, 04:32:59 PM »
Can someone tell me where to buy this big bore kit from the actual company that sells it

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()