Author Topic: Original roller weight  (Read 8551 times)

ahonekal

• Jep Jep
    • View Profile
Original roller weight
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:56:11 PM »
What is original roller weight? I changed 29g dr. Pulleys and checked weight of the old rollers and they were 33g!

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
I thought they were 30? Thats on a carbed model maybe? Maybe the fuel injected 2009 & up's are more heavy? :-*

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 05:21:44 AM »
My originals were 30g. If you order original rollers from a Kymco dealer you'll get 30g.  I was not aware Dr. Pulley made 29g.  Last time I looked they made 31g, 28g, and 26g.  Maybe even some lighter for drag racing. 

ahonekal

• Jep Jep
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 11:01:32 AM »
My originals were 30g. If you order original rollers from a Kymco dealer you'll get 30g.  I was not aware Dr. Pulley made 29g.  Last time I looked they made 31g, 28g, and 26g.  Maybe even some lighter for drag racing.

Is your xciting injection model?

scootnoob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 11:32:07 AM »
I have 500 ri -11. The roller weight is 33 g. My old ones needed to be replaced so I bought new ones ( kymco original ). Also 33 g

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »
Wow I did not know they made such a change? Your RMP's must be much less than the carbed models at HWY/FWY speeds! That is why I ordered 31G Dr Pulley's so my RPM's would be a little lowwer. The torque of the fuel injected models must be enough to handle the increased weight to give you the same take off speed? :-*

scootnoob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »
The fact is that they are a bit to heavy. It engages to early. I wouldn´t mind a set of 30 g.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »
Wow I did not know they made such a change? Your RMP's must be much less than the carbed models at HWY/FWY speeds! That is why I ordered 31G Dr Pulley's so my RPM's would be a little lowwer. The torque of the fuel injected models must be enough to handle the increased weight to give you the same take off speed? :-*

The FI engine reaches both maximum torque and power at lower revs, so it's a bit hard to
compare like this.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

ahonekal

• Jep Jep
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »
Where do you order these rollers or dr pulleys?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 07:05:45 AM »
The fact is that they are a bit to heavy. It engages to early. I wouldn´t mind a set of 30 g.
Rollers don't work that way... They are to control the rpms not be influenced by them. The torque spring in the back is what controls the shifting point, or operation of the var. If you lighten the rollers to delay the feel of take off you will be reving thru the roof at or near top end. A stiffer spring, or shimming the spring maintains a lower gear for take off, and improves turn acceleration, as well as engine braking on let off. If your top end/cruise rpm's are good DON'T lighten the rollers. Shim the spring instead.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »
Scoot-n, is your bike a Euro model? That may explain the 33g rollers? If go down to 28g your HWY RPM's will go way up. The bike will go from 0-60 much faster, but 60 may be your top speed. Lowwer weight rollers faster take off speed, heavyer weights higher top speed (if engine has enough power that is), because the heavyer rollers will lowwer your RPM's. I would go down no more than 1 or 2g at most if you want more take off speed. Shimming the clutch spring is no easy task unless you have the tools like an impact wrench, 50mm socket, C clamps and such. I would leave that to a mechanic or for someone with the knowledge like Zombie. Take it from me, leave it stock. There have been many post here where people have tried to do this or that, and have done nothing more than screw up their bike.  :-*

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »
Dr Pulley weights can be found if you Google union materials in Taiwan. The guys name to talk to is Paul.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 03:15:07 PM »
Where do you order these rollers or dr pulleys?

I bought mine here:
http://www.buggypartsnw.com/

They shipped them half way around the world to me for $9.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »
Mine is a 2007 carburated USA model. 

ahonekal

• Jep Jep
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Original roller weight
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »
I bought mine here:
http://www.buggypartsnw.com/

They shipped them half way around the world to me for $9.

Thanx for link but cannot find rollers for xciting 500 size 28 x 22. :-\

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()