Author Topic: Got new Euro headlight module. :-)  (Read 10441 times)

gctkaz

• View Profile
Re: Got new Euro headlight module. :-)
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 08:09:43 AM »
Excellent, thank you very much for the information!

I'll order two pairs just in case they fail for whatever reason. As long as the module doesn't get damaged, if the LED fails to light up then I'm no worse than what I started with!

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
Got the headlight module today, and installed LEDs from dealextreme SKU 51358. Power-on test seems fine, but for next time I think I will order a shorter LED with fewer but larger LEDs, since I am worried that the LED might fall out from the bumps of driving.

I ordered from eBay seller motoswiat_com_pl, the module arrived with both side mounting tabs broken. I informed the store of this but told them I could just epoxy the pieces back on (which I did), they replied very apologetically and offered 20% off future purchases. So far I am very pleased with the new module and also the customer service, so I can recommend this as a good seller for anyone interested in picking up the module. Just when you check out, ask for additional care to protect the side tabs during the packing stage.

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 10:21:47 PM »
Damn that head light looks great!
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 06:39:44 AM »
Multi SMD LEDs are the older types., you may want to try the new FLAT LEDs, They are brighter and produce a whiter white...

Here's my T10 LED, there are other bigger variants too.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »
Thats got to make you more visable. :-*

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:13 PM »
Dayummm Vivo that's hot! Why did you have to show this to me now? :p

If the ones I have right now get hot enough to melt the solder and cause the LEDs to fall off, then I'll replace them :) But in the meantime I'll be shopping already! If anything exists to make this scooter more pimp, I need to have it!! But it's the extra visibility that really matters. Can't wait to try these out tomorrow night.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2012, 02:00:33 AM »
Dayummm Vivo that's hot! Why did you have to show this to me now? :p

If the ones I have right now get hot enough to melt the solder and cause the LEDs to fall off, then I'll replace them :) But in the meantime I'll be shopping already! If anything exists to make this scooter more pimp, I need to have it!! But it's the extra visibility that really matters. Can't wait to try these out tomorrow night.

When they get hot, the LEDs don't fall off but just quit... one LED at a time.. My flat LEDs is more efficient because it has an aluminum casing that acts like a heat sink that absorbs and dissipates heat as you can see in the pic.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()