Author Topic: Darksiding the Xciting  (Read 19332 times)

htcneil2

• View Profile
Darksiding the Xciting
« on: November 19, 2014, 10:00:58 PM »
So i just ordered a 165/60r 14 car tire for my xciting.

I hope it fits! If not i was made aware of another size that would definitely fit.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Darksiding the Xciting
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 10:09:09 PM »
I for one can not wait to see it. How cool is that!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 11:29:03 PM »
Because you don't like going around corners?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 12:15:21 AM »
Ever ride an old school drag bike? Lean an inch, and raise up 6.

My brother flop/flop/flopped from ridge to ridge before launching himself maybe 15 feet into the air. STRAIGHT UP!
He didn't get hurt bad so it was pretty funny. WestHampton Raceway about 50 feet off the start line.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 03:25:44 AM »
I never have, but i don't like those tires on ruckuses. One thing on a drag bike but why would you want to kill your handling on a scooter? That's what makes scooters fun, being agile.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 03:44:17 AM »
That's where we differ. I like the ragged edge, can barley turn in the parking lot kinda bike. I also like 26" rims on chevy bubbles but much more on boxes.

Just a matter of taste is all.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 03:44:39 AM »
Box

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 03:48:29 AM »
DONK

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 07:05:59 AM »
Because you don't like going around corners?

Do you have an Xciting? It really doesnt do that well. Thats why I got a TMAX and an Xt225 for.

The Xciting is my highway commuter bike. It has over 55000 miles on it. How many tires do you think ive gone through?

This isnt a new concept. BUT maybe for the Xciting it is.

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 07:07:11 AM »
I never have, but i don't like those tires on ruckuses. One thing on a drag bike but why would you want to kill your handling on a scooter? That's what makes scooters fun, being agile.

Do you have an xciting? Its not that great in the twisties.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 07:10:08 AM »
Personally I'm a hardtail/Bias ply kinda guy. I think the idea is spot on.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »
Do you have an xciting? Its not that great in the twisties.

I don't own an Xciting, but have driven them many times and think it handles pretty well for a heavy scoot. I didn't mean to shoot down your idea, and would be stoked to see it installed. To each their own, no offence meant.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 05:05:29 PM »
I think what everybody is saying and I did work for a major tire manufacturer is that the cross section on an auto tire is not the same as a cycle tire.  The tread is on the bottom and normally has sharper corners.  A  cycle tire has a round cross section because two wheels lean when turning whereas four don't and that's why there is usually squealing on high speed turns.  Further...Cycle tires are a lower durometer (softer) rubber for better traction whether straight, stopping or turning.  That's why they wear out faster.
Now if you are going to Drag race your Xciting in a straight line you may be ok.  Besides that,  your center of gravity is higher and that can only accelerate problems.  This is not to say that I have seen Motorcycles with Auto type tires.  Let us know how this works out for you.....

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
Who makes that size car tire? I did not know anyone made them that narrow? Do u think it will fit? :-*

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 04:48:29 PM »
Can-am. There I said it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()