Author Topic: odd noise under hard acceleration  (Read 17973 times)

speedee86

• 2012 Kymco Xciting 500 RI ABS
    • View Profile
Re: odd noise under hard acceleration
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 01:37:04 AM »
What you say make sense. Post up when you get it sorted.

Will do. I talked to the guys at the shop. Since it only does it under physical load we are thinking it could be drive terain related. Since I can recreate the noise when it is up on the center stand no matter how hard I rev it. They are gonna go through everything and this way all the 16000 mile service is caught up and to spec so warranty stays valid. I will keep everyone posted.
always leave yourself an exit incase you get stuck in a pinch. RIDE SAFE!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 01:42:49 AM »
 ;D :-*
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

speedee86

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 10:25:12 PM »
What you say make sense. Post up when you get it sorted.
going to pick up the bike after work in a couple hours. all services are done and everything looked good. they couldnt hear a noise so either it went away after all the servicing or i am over anal and am hearing something that is probably normal. wouldnt be the first time lol. i had them inspect the clutch and belt. said all looked good. bike has 16,800 miles on it with original clutch and belt. 90% of my commuting is hwy. how many miles do these clutches and belts go fo on the 500's. i have heard about clutches with 50,000 miles on them. but belts?

i will post again once i get her back and take her for a spin. see if that noise is still there.

speedee86

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 04:34:53 AM »
Ok, so..... got the beast back. She runs like a dream.  So smooth. Everything checked out and needed extremely minor adjustment if any at all but all checked out. Cluth shoes are nice and thick. Belt is in great shape. Valve were slightly too tight so they put them exact to spec. Idle speed was a tad high. Got a coolant flush, brake system flush, everythingwas gone through. And they showed me picks and they had Iit all taken apart. Anyway. Seem to be running nice and smooth and better all around. And on the short ride home I wasnt abpe to hear that noise, hoping it is gone. I will know more after my commute to and from work tomorrow. Give you guys a more final verdict then.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 04:52:31 AM »
hopefully all is good. Did they suggest what it might have been?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

speedee86

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »
hopefully all is good. Did they suggest what it might have been?

they were thinking it was drive terrain related since it was only under load. they said they didnt hear a noise.

ok so after my ride into work this morning, i didnt really hear that noise again. maybe very very slightly but at this point i amm thinking it in my head because the bike runs amazing. very smooth, stronger, lil more power. thing just gets up and goes. only thing im gonna stop by for on the way home is i know the idle speed is supposed to be around 1300-1400rpm, and it is until it hits that last settling and it slows to around 1000-1100, when it was cold it died on me at a stop light this morning when i stopped and the idle settled that last bit so they set it just a hair low. also, i think they forgot to reconnect the under seat helmet light cause it doesnt come on when the seat is open. the dash light does, but the light itself under the seat doesnt. 2 very minor simple things that i can probably do myself very easily but i paid for them to handle it and keep service record of it and the shop is literally up the street and on my way home :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 05:39:43 AM »
"they were thinking it was drive terrain related since it was only under load. they said they didnt hear a noise. "

Duh! You knew that.

For the rest... (watch this)  LouisVille Slugger.  Take Picts.

No... Glad to hear you are happy with it. Bottom line.

speedee86

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2014, 05:47:40 AM »
"they were thinking it was drive terrain related since it was only under load. they said they didnt hear a noise. "

Duh! You knew that.

For the rest... (watch this)  LouisVille Slugger.  Take Picts.

No... Glad to hear you are happy with it. Bottom line.

Haha. Yes I am happy. I went back and the tech totally admitted to forgetting to reconnect the light bulb and did it in a snap. The idle speed they actually didnt adjust. It dropped itself after the valve adjustment. All is working well but having trouble getting the idle speed around 1400 rpm. Seems like we adjust it and then after the shutdown and start up and the revs level out, it keeps going to around 1000-1100. Maybe I need to make a bigger adjustment to the idle speed screw.  They did little adjustment and we got it close but then ot dropped back down. I just did it again and it came back down to around 1100 again after a few restarts.  Thoughts?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 06:23:11 AM »
At the risk of actually bein' stupid... I could look back in the thread but ,   Is it injected or carb? ( I know... read the thread dumB a__) I want to learn how to fix it as much as you do, maybe more??

Just start over from here,

speedee86

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2014, 06:28:23 AM »
At the risk of actually bein' stupid... I could look back in the thread but ,   Is it injected or carb? ( I know... read the thread dumB a__) I want to learn how to fix it as much as you do, maybe more??

Just start over from here,

Lol, not a problem at all. It is a fuel injected model :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2014, 06:48:40 AM »
Thanks! 8)
 What about that TPS adjust or auto tune whatever. Is there a way to clear all the codes, and do that key switch thing?

speedee86

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »
Thanks! 8)
 What about that TPS adjust or auto tune whatever. Is there a way to clear all the codes, and do that key switch thing?
Not sure what you mean. I know in a car you can disconnect the battery for I think 15 seconds or something to reset the ecu. Is that what you mean? Maybe let it tune and the computer re adjust itself?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »
On EFI models: INITIALIZE!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014, 10:11:56 PM »
That's exactly what I meant.

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2014, 04:59:18 PM »
I may have experienced the same thing you're talking about. And this is after a new belt, variator and rollers. I was loaded for s'camping; a tent, bedroll, clothes, food and stove. Occasionally, mine would make a funny growl. It came from the variator side, most likely inside the drive train according to my ears. It was quick and low pitched, and that was all. Just a quirky noise.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()