Author Topic: My KYMCO Venox review  (Read 26519 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: My KYMCO Venox review
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »
Hi, I have a kymco zx50 scooter, as for getting parts I have found it nearly impossible, for the carb insulator it took ten months, I tried 3 dealers, 1 in whyalla and 2 in adelaide. now that kymco are doing away with the bugscooters and importing them themselves I hope for an improvement. funny thing, about 3 days after getting the part, one turned up on ebay. oh well, thats life. if you need help with anything, there are a lot of people on this forum who are worth their  weight in gold, willing to help and advise.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 07:12:52 PM »
I'm assuming you're located in Australia?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 08:17:30 PM »
Yeah, in Australia. with Kymco things can only get better and I hope they do.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »
The venox is pretty sexy.  Glad you like it!

jbcinzio

• I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 03:07:41 PM »
Hey everyone,

After putting about 10,000 KM on the Venox, I've decided it's time I wrote up a review.

Here's a quick summary:

Performance: Excellence, likely the best 250cc cruiser available in the Canadian market. Definitely beats out the 250cc bikes from the japanese big 4.

Ergonomics: Bigger size, seat, and weight are all a plus. The brakes can handle it, although emergency breaking with a passenger can get a little scary (it's a shame there's no rear disk brake, just a drum).

Problems: Only had one small problem, a fork seal, that was replaced and I was in and out in the same day.

Looks: A+. At rallies and bike meets, my Venox gets more attention than bikes 4x as expensive (added bonus: this pisses off quite a few rich weekend warriors haha).

Please check out the full KYMCO Venox Review. If that link doesn't work just click http://ourlittleadventures.com/KYMCO-Venox-10000-km-review.html

Outstanding news adri, Thanks a lot!

I was looking at a 2002 Honda VT250, however on speaking with my Kymco dealer, he's just told me that they are, in fact exactly the same bike!

In fact, from what I understand Kymco used to build bikes for Honda from approx 1960 - 2003.

This is how I see it:
Spend $4500 - $5500 on an 8 year old VT250 with 20,000 - 50,000 km's... OR......
Spend $5890 on a brand new Venox 250 (apparently its exactly the same machine)

Can anyone else shed some light on the whole Honda/Kymco relationship please?

Thanks, Josh.
This message was posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Iron8

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I bought my Venox about 3 months ago and Im completely crazy about it. You can see my personal vids on youtube just type in my Username MrGoldfire. Since buying my Venox I have customised the pipes mirrors and grips. I have also debadged and removed all stickers. The bike looks great I get looks everyday and notice people stopping and having closer looks when its parked. People cannot believe it when I tell em that its a 250cc due to its chunky size. 

It just simply kicks ass.
Iron8

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 03:14:35 AM »
Welcome, Iron8 !   Glad you're liking your new bike!  How about posting some pictures of it so the rest of us can enjoy?  ;D

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 09:07:01 AM »

In fact, from what I understand Kymco used to build bikes for Honda from approx 1960 - 2003.

Thanks, Josh.

This is a myth.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

jbcinzio

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 08:31:50 PM »
This is a myth.

A myth?, really?

Does anyone really know what the go is with that?

I've done a fair bit of researching on both Honda & Kymco, and both sides mention the relationship more than once... even Wikipedia.

Would love to get to the bottom of this - any takers?

Josh

art

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 09:32:15 PM »
As for as i can tell this is true,they manufactured for the big three from the 60's to the mid 70's similar to china now. But of corse this is all internet info and dealers i've spoken to who may have a reason to put there slant on it. Me personaly I was a big honda fan and have switched to kymco as a faverite in the scooter department. They are not honda's,but of good quality overall,they did skimp on a few things (The seats being my biggest bitch)  and with the people line up have started some of there own r/d to my knoledge.  Who know's ?
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 01:02:13 AM »
..i thot the two were once bedfellows, to a certain extent...

..not so far as to have been one company, but they combined efforts on a cpl of particular projects, technology sharing, etc..

..i could be wrong, but i don't think so...

..hmmm...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

PIWYRCOM

• View Profile
    • ADMIN/SITE BUILDER
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
This is a myth.

FACT:

Honda started the company that later became Kymco  in 1963 as Taiwan Honda , at that time Taiwan was a   lower cost labor source just like ALL companies are now sourcing parts in China / India etc. for the same reasons.

Eventually the company that was started split into two different companies: KYMCO & SYM's as they are today with Honda no longer being involved in corporate decisions .
http://piwyr.co.cc
Collecting Kymco Venox information since 2006

jbcinzio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »
FACT:

Honda started the company that later became Kymco  in 1963 as Taiwan Honda , at that time Taiwan was a   lower cost labor source just like ALL companies are now sourcing parts in China / India etc. for the same reasons.

Eventually the company that was started split into two different companies: KYMCO & SYM's as they are today with Honda no longer being involved in corporate decisions .

Aha!

Thanks PIWYRCOM for finding that out.

I always wondered....

So I guess, based on that, then my Kymco dealer is full of it, saying that the Venox is the same as a VT250, just different cosmetics.

Oh well, from what I've heard, the Venox is a great machine so i'm still leaning towards gettin me a dark red one  ;D

I just love the fact, that out of all the cruisers manufactured today, they look so much bigger and fatter than the rest (for a 250 that is)

Josh.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 09:30:06 PM »
...there a few kymcos and syms that are very similar in appearance.

..some of the mechanics are very similar too, but they are still two different animals...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

jbcinzio

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
Hi, I have a kymco zx50 scooter, as for getting parts I have found it nearly impossible, for the carb insulator it took ten months, I tried 3 dealers, 1 in whyalla and 2 in adelaide. now that kymco are doing away with the bugscooters and importing them themselves I hope for an improvement. funny thing, about 3 days after getting the part, one turned up on ebay. oh well, thats life. if you need help with anything, there are a lot of people on this forum who are worth their  weight in gold, willing to help and advise.

Hey Sid,

By "Carb Insulator" do you mean Inlet Manifold? - The rubber thing that fits over the outlet side of your carb....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()