Author Topic: cold weather starting problem  (Read 16616 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: cold weather starting problem
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »
You got me on that post wingman! I had to stop giggling before I could post. There is no better feeling than knowing what day it is!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Rozz

• Picture taken on Mount Smokey, Cape Breton
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2009, 11:43:59 PM »
Well at least I'm getting a good laugh--what a great story,  The visuals are amazing.  You should see the snow equipment up our way and they still close the schools for an inch or so of snow.  I have 4 snow tires on my car and I can plow through anything.  We're definitely snow snobs when it comes to driving places that can't handle it.  Hah!
Meanwhile, back in Sarasota, the Suzuki people have had the bike all day.  For a C-note they were able to tell me that the solenoid is ok, the battery is just fine, the connections all good, likewise the fuses.  They are guessing that the problem is the starter and that something is sticking in there.  It's a sticky starter.  My dealer had already ordered a new improved starter for my bike.  Should be getting that when I return.  I am wondering if this has been the problem all along.  Nothing like a good mystery except when it involves my scooter.  I was eyeballing that Burgman today with more than a little longing.  Lucky for Kymco I can't do a trade here.
Now I am sipping a glass of California cab/sauv. and I am contemplating heating up leftovers and making a salad for dinner.  Tomorrow is another day and the sun is going to shine and there won't be snow and I am no where near the ratrace that is Canada at Christmas.
Y'all have a good one!

Rozz
2008 Xciting 500ri (Hers)
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900cc (His)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2009, 04:43:34 AM »
Wev'e All  had stickynsolonids! (dealer term) Enjoy the Fla. Life... Ps     go on feed the Gators.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »
Remember BELL BOTTOM  Pants. As I'm Typeing, My socks are being torn off, and my jeans are becoming bell bottoms. 5 cats, and 6 dogs... Happy Halloween...I wish there was a Gator in the mix. Next time you guys want to drop a "C"  I have an Ebay account that is starving! Hey to all the "floppy heads"!!!   STYIGHY SOELOINOIDE.Dealer Only Item! Sorry to tell you , your bike has to go back to Jupiter(not Fla.). The next shuttle leaves in 2,750 years... Give or take a decade. We have a reliable QA/50 you can use for 3 days,or until there is a conformation...,I do have 1 boy pup that is going to be an orphan. His new family didn't meet the snuff. Fla. ins't that big, so if you do get a QA, I have a place you can ride to. Hubby's bike must have a pet carrier...Right?    Ps His name is Nancy Pants. (THE PUP)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2009, 02:41:06 PM »
While in Fla you may as well try some gator tail.  Fixed right it is quite good and you can go back and tell everyone you ate gator.  Wish I was down there with you all, it's a real slow day at the office.  I should have closed today, there was hardly any traffic coming in this morning.  I guess everyone else took off.  It will be a mess later when they all decide to go shopping.

Sticky starter/solenoid.  Humm, used to have a car that had that problem.  Carried a hammer with me to bang on it when it did not turn over.  Worked most of the time, but I still tried to park on a hill...  ;D  Good ole days, when you could buy a used 56 or 57 for $100.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

Rozz

• Picture taken on Mount Smokey, Cape Breton
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2009, 01:09:01 AM »
That's what my husband said--bang the starter with a hammer--apparently he had some vehicle he used to do that to as well.  Right now it's packed in the trailer for the ride home.
I spent two hours on the  back of his Kawi this aft.  Oh, my I'm hurtin'.  Don't know what I'll do tomorrow. 
Nancy Pants, eh?  Sorry no pet carrier, and I have two very possessive pups taking up space in the van.
I still haven't seen a 'gator.  Even went to a state park today.  Too cold it seems.  I have seen plenty of signs telling me to beware.  A vew vultures, heron and the odd pelican and a tiny lizard.  That's the wild life count for today.
Time to watch a movie.
Rozz
2008 Xciting 500ri (Hers)
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900cc (His)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2010, 01:54:27 AM »
Hey Rozz, it's time for an update.  I see Florida is heading for a freeze.  Went out for a ride yesterday and my X500 did not want to start after sitting awhile in the cold.  (couple of days)  Finally started I rode for about an hour and charged the battery back up.  I don't think it likes cold...
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2010, 11:43:57 AM »
..Nancy Pants??...poor, poooor puppy....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()