Author Topic: Oil in Throttle body  (Read 834 times)

Yoni159

• View Profile
Oil in Throttle body
« on: January 18, 2020, 12:18:03 PM »
Ive opend the throttle body to see its condition. There is a little bit oil inside.. its ok?
https://m.imgur.com/a/E5o3nGy

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Oil in Throttle body
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »
You may want to drain your "puke tube" that comes off the air filter box. The tube collects all the blow-by from the engine and must be dumped periodically. There is a plug in the end of the tube you must remove. It has a spring clip to hold it in place. This plug MUST be replaced after draining since the connection is downstream from the air filter.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Yoni159

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 03:11:46 PM »
Ok...but how this solve my oil in throttle body?... (Ive drained all breathers from airfilter all the time)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »
Yoni, you say many mechanics have tested your scooter, and found nothing wrong with it.
I'm curious, where do you live - what country?
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

rdhood

• Dahlonega, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 05:42:17 PM »
"check the throttle body for oil" is not on the DT maintenance schedule.. so why dont you tell us what is happening for you to be opening up the throttle body and looking for problems.
2013 Downtown 300i
2013 Piaggio BV350
2014 Vespa GTS 300i
2016 Vespa GTS 300i

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 01:20:10 AM »
"check the throttle body for oil" is not on the DT maintenance schedule.. so why dont you tell us what is happening for you to be opening up the throttle body and looking for problems.
My thoughts too. If an engine is otherwise running properly, some oil residue in the throttle body is considered normal. He mentioned a drop in performance elsewhere , but I believe that’s the driveline, possibly worn rollers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 01:24:32 AM »
As mechanics we see two extremes. Some customers neglect basic maintenance and don’t come in until it no longer starts or stops. Others come in for EVERY noise including those that were normal and always there but only heard when they shut off their radio. Or they read something on the internet and start believing that their car is doing it. They refuse to believe us when we tell them a condition is normal operation. They are car hypochondriacs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Yoni159

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 02:59:09 AM »
Yoni, you say many mechanics have tested your scooter, and found nothing wrong with it.
I'm curious, where do you live - what country?
Stig
israel

Yoni159

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 03:01:43 AM »
Ive opend the throttle body because my scooter loose his power so i thought maybe i need to clean my throttle body but if you say its normal ... So ok..

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 12:39:18 PM »
Ive opend the throttle body because my scooter loose his power so i thought maybe i need to clean my throttle body but if you say its normal ... So ok..

What is the mileage on this scooter ?
Are you sure the engine oil level was not too high ? If the oil level was was too high and you were riding at high speed (high engine RPMS) maybe some oil ended up inside the Throttle Body.

You can also have good look at the spark plug comdition in future. If the engine oil level is correct and you ride at fairly low speed, the spark plug color should be fine and the throttle body should stay clean.
If the milage on the scooter is still low, there is a possibilty that the piston rings have not seated properly yet.
Or if the milage on the scooter is fairly high and you are worried, you can also do an engine compression test to compare with the manufacturer’s specifications.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

PeopleS125

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 03:28:52 PM »
When I changed the transmission oil for a gear only a class better, my scooter refused to accept it, the whole air filter was oily, for peace of mind look into the filter. I hope the translator translates well. Regards Robert K.
Unfortunately, I'm using a translator, and I'm sorry for the grammar.
Regards Robert K.
Kymco People S 125 - 2007

Yoni159

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 05:51:07 PM »
Air filter dry and clean. Maby its because i was put too much oil last time

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 06:11:20 PM »
When I changed the transmission oil for a gear only a class better, my scooter refused to accept it, the whole air filter was oily, for peace of mind look into the filter. I hope the translator translates well. Regards Robert K.
Seems more likely that you over-filled when replacing the gear oil. Can't imagine that a slightly different oil would be 'rejected' into the filter. Nevertheless - probably best to stay with the recommended type and amount of gear oil.

Stig
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:12:54 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()