Author Topic: 05 plate Super 9  (Read 3083 times)

yogi

• View Profile
05 plate Super 9
« on: July 30, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »
Hi guys new to the boards but not the Super 9 ;-), I'm trying to find out what Jet size I need for the Carb I bought some but the thread size was too big.

It has a 80 jet in at the moment and as ive read that should be atleast an 83?, The bike is Derestricted has 2000 rpm clutch springs.

Any help is appreciated

Ta
Pete.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 05 plate Super 9
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »
Look for the make on your carb. Most likely you will have to remove it to see who made it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

yogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »
Rights guys, New exhaust fitted (Technigas) jet up to 85 (still a little bit sluggish) Main question is if I fit a bigger main jet again will I have to up the slow jet?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
That depends on the carb. If your idle mix screw tapers all the way to a point you will be able to adjust it out a turn or so, to increase the fuel ratio. Others use a mix screw that stays basicly straight, and will end in a short-fine taper. These generally have to be jetted. I run a technigas w/ a delorto carb, and had to go up 3 jet sizes to get an even idle. I use pin drills to open the jets, you can also easily open them w/ welding torch tip cleaners.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »
I forgot to mention, the 85 jet seems too small. I run a 97 right now, and others are as high as 113. To tell if the idle jet is too small let off the throttle and the rpm's should drop right away. If it stays revved, you are too lean. If it sounds like you just hit the kill switch you are too rich. You want it to slow down w/ the speed of the scoot, right in the middle. More pistons are destroyed from bad idle settings than you may believe. Hope this helps!

yogi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 06:15:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply Zombie, I did think the main jet was too small unfortunatly getting the correct jets for the Keihin carbs over here is a pain so i'm still searching,Unless any of you guys have any links at all ?

On riding the Super 9 today it really does go well but bogs down on acceleration so I think this is the jet not giving enough fuel.

Cheers
Pete. ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 11:07:29 PM »
I just posted for another, you can use PIN drills, or welding torch tip cleaners to open the jets. The tip cleaners are wire files that will easily open the jets in tiny stages. You find the one that fits-give it a few swipes, and you can then get the next size up to fit. There are about 25 different sizes in the kit for around 30 bucks U.S.. Also try using SURF CANYON for a search engine. I have had alot of luck as they are not the mainstream.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 03:43:34 AM »
Here's as ps. This site has GREAT prices on jets for your carb       http://estore.websitepros.com/768505/Categories.bok?category=Dellorto  It's a page I was looking at , but follow the site, and yours is there

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()