Author Topic: super nine flasher relay  (Read 1493 times)

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
super nine flasher relay
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:43:16 AM »
Does anyone know the best place to buy oem parts like this? I've looked around and the best price I can find online is around $39 shipped.I've heard that you can replace this with an automnotive one if you can find a three prong that fits...anyone have any suggeastions?

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
Re: super nine flasher relay
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 05:32:08 AM »
  Also I forgot to ask,has anyone replaced more than one of these? The first one that came installed from the factory lasted the longest,but now it seems like they only last a year or so.The only part I've replaced multiple times on the bike except for tires (obviously). :-\

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 05:38:27 AM »
I would suggest an upgrade to an electronic flasher relay so that you can likewise upgrade to LED lights. Thermal/mechanical flashers cannot be used with LED lights.  LEDs look cool and consumes a lot less electricity.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
..stadiumyamaha.com is a good source for oem parts...

..sounds like you might have a short somewhere...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
I would suggest an upgrade to an electronic flasher relay so that you can likewise upgrade to LED lights. Thermal/mechanical flashers cannot be used with LED lights.  LEDs look cool and consumes a lot less electricity.
  Any more info on where to get the correct parts and how to do the install.? Is there a complete kit avaiable?

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
..sounds like you might have a short somewhere...
  I don't think so,I think the first ones were maybe getting wet.Since then I have wrapped them in plastic baggies and that seems to help.I took the last one apart and did some investigating and it seems the contacts were very dirty,so I cleaned them and reassembled it...to no success unfortunately.I'm thinking one of the capacitors or the coil is bad.Either way I wouldn't mind doing an upgrade as long as it's fairly simple and not terribly expensive.I'd really like better headlights but I don't want to have to upgrade the whole charging system.Not sure what is involved with either.I can wire up a car amp,but not much experience with scooter wiring.I'm thinking it may be a huge pain in the ass...lol.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
 Any more info on where to get the correct parts and how to do the install.? Is there a complete kit avaiable?

http://www.v-leds.com/Electronic-Flashers/UNIVERSAL-MOTORCYCLE-p5189745.html

or you can just do a web search.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:16:02 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 03:38:14 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Flasher-Relay-ELFR-1-FAST-BLINKER-FIX-OEM-Connect-/180345282841?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item29fd6aa119&vxp=mtr

Just bought one myself. It is a two wire so follow the instructions. They work with either incandescent, or LED's
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()