Author Topic: Code 11  (Read 226 times)

Crispy

• View Profile
Code 11
« on: July 31, 2022, 03:14:02 PM »
2014 Like 200i w/1600 miles. After going through the fuel system including draining the tank, new spark plug and taking the injector apart, connecting it to my rubber tip blow gun at 30 psi and firing it with a 9 volt battery, the ultimate problem was a rotten fuel line on the pump. Runs like a champ now but…. I now have an 11 code (one long and one short). Sometimes I get a 6 followed by an 11. Tried disconnecting the battery, grounded the pink wire with ign on, also the key off/throttle open/key on 4 sec/close throttle/key off trick but can’t shake the code 11. The 6 will go away and not always come back but the 11 won’t go away. Can’t find a code 11. Thanks, C.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Code 11
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 04:37:04 PM »
2014 Like 200i w/1600 miles. After going through the fuel system including draining the tank, new spark plug and taking the injector apart, connecting it to my rubber tip blow gun at 30 psi and firing it with a 9 volt battery, the ultimate problem was a rotten fuel line on the pump. Runs like a champ now but…. I now have an 11 code (one long and one short). Sometimes I get a 6 followed by an 11. Tried disconnecting the battery, grounded the pink wire with ign on, also the key off/throttle open/key on 4 sec/close throttle/key off trick but can’t shake the code 11. The 6 will go away and not always come back but the 11 won’t go away. Can’t find a code 11. Thanks, C.
One common issue mentioned between codes 6 and codes 11 is....the battery.
Fully charged and connected correctly ? (securely)

also mentioned with 11 is the coil - connected securely? and the coils resistance, primary and secondary.

It must be receiving signal from the ECU correctly - or your scoot wouldn't run.

Clean connectors and terminals - and if it's running good - I'd just ride on! The codes only signal at the start, yes?

Stig
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 04:41:16 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Crispy

• View Profile
Re: Code 11
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 04:50:20 PM »
Thanks for the Code 11 = Battery, I couldn’t find that. We will “ride on” and I’m not too stressed because it’s running great again as usual. Even has a new plug and cleaned tank and injector. That said I will be pursuing how to clear (or fix) that code 🤨 and I will report.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()