Author Topic: Vacuum noise when pulling brake lever  (Read 276 times)

RedLike

• View Profile
Vacuum noise when pulling brake lever
« on: May 30, 2022, 09:55:25 PM »
Hi, new to posting here and new to scooters. My 2016 Like 200i (6300 kms) makes a noise that sounds almost like a vacuum when I pull on the brake levers (both front and rear brakes) regardless of whether I am rolling or completely stopped. The brakes seem to work totally fine, not overly spongy or stiff. No squeeking or grinding. I would rather not discover that my brakes are not working fine. Was planning on bringing it into the shop, but figured I would post here to see if this is a. a normal noise that I just didnt notice or b. if it was easily explainable.

Thanks in advance. 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum noise when pulling brake lever
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 10:51:39 PM »
Hello, Welcome to the forum !
Only makes this noise if the engine is running, yes?
This is a new one on me .....and my 9yrs with my LIKE200I!
I don't think it is a noise from the brakes....because you hear it ehrn not moving.
I think you are hearing something different when brake levers are pulled.....and engine vibrations are present and are causing the noise you hear.
If you are hearing a hissing when levers are pulled....then I'd suspect a leak in your brake fluid lines, or in the mastercylinder.
But could you hear that over engine noise!!!?
It is well known phenomenon that when rear brake is pulled while stationary at a stop light...the whole scooter rattles and vibrates more...making new noises.
A quick swing by your dealership's open service bay to give them a listen....would be instructive🙃
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()