Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ME !  (Read 1224 times)

PLEASEhelp

• View Profile
PLEASE HELP ME !
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:55:36 PM »
Hey guys, i have a 2008 super 9 50cc 2stroke .... i was wondering if there are ways i can make it go Faster !

i dont mind having to go down to an auto shop and spending 200$ to fufill my request so if there are any parts that will help me make it go faster please list it.

I am very bad mechanicaly and know nothing about parts so please bes specific ! thanks

and im looking to paint my moped ... simple question? IDK

what are the steps i should take before and after painting it ? what type of paint should i use ?

THANKS too anyone that helps me i appreciate it greatly.  :)

juice

• View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP ME !
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:12:56 PM »
To be prefectly honest your s9 should do between 45-50 mph . If you need to go faster you would be doing yourself a HUGE favor by selling or trading for a scooter or motorcycle of more than 50cc that will go fast enough for you , also you could look for one that a color is already  that suits you better . Good luck .
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:14:38 PM by juice »

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:28:40 PM »
Dear PLEASEhelp....You have asked for quite a bit here.   Within the confines of this forum you likely will find the several comments and answers to your questions.  Under the Super 9 Heading there are 14 pages of issues that have been discussed.
Have you been able to use the Search feature ?  You may be scared for lack of experience.  Don't be.  When my son was about 17,  he too,  was not mechanically inclined.  He bought an old 30+ year old BMW 2000.  He quickly gained the needed experience because he got excited.  He could pull and replace the engine as quick as some people could change oil.  I'm 63 now and when I have any mechanical issue,  both scooter and car,  I run it past him first. 

If you can't find the answers from research,  ask your questions one at a time.  This forum is a wonderful resource.  Even if you can't get the answer,  your input may hekp somebody else.  Don't give up....Anyone with a scooter has my heart.

Urbestfriend.........

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:42:04 PM »
There are also lots of kymco super 9 videos on youtube you could watch .

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »
Well you can spend lots of money on parts to make it go faster (much more than $200) or
learn how a 2 stroke works and do a little backyard porting. The more power a 2 stoke makes
the closer it is to melting. Be prepared to rebuild the motor more than once while your learning...

If you keep it stock it will last a long time!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »
I'm no help here either. I had a TGB Key West 2-stroke scooter & had it derestricted from the dealer & kept it all stock. I would cruise @ 45+mph all day long. When you start to "tweak" those 50cc 2-stroke engines is when you can get more troubles then what it's worth. If you were a wrench type of guy...then maybe. I'm with MotoRandy123....Keep it stock or move over to a 125-150cc 4-Stroke like the Agility or Super 8. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:56:30 PM by MassScoot »
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 02:09:54 PM »
keeping it stock is best to make it last longer. there are a few small things you can do like change out the rollers and the clutch spring but you wont gain much. 4 strokes have more room for up grades then 2 strokes. 2 strokes burn up faster.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »
If you just want a bit more performance cheaply then lighter rollers, stiffer torque spring, stiffer clutch fly springs,, race variator, sports exhaust, open air filter, etc, etc. You will never get ferrari performance from a hatchback tho so dont expect miracles, you should get a reasonable improvement tho if you can balance the tuning nice.

For paint you can rattlecan it and get good results if you do the prep and paint right. Prep is the key, prep takes all the time to do, painting wont even take 1/10 of the time. Use an abrasive pad or fine sandpaper over all the plastic parts, make sjre you get all the edges and bends properly. You want to end up with all the existing paint looking dull after sanding, you dont need to sand it all off. Then use plastic primer on it, 2-3 thin coats. Next spray on the top colour, i usually do 4-5 thin coats, followed by 3-5 coats of laquer. Leave it all for at least a week-2wks to fully harden before rebuilding it, or if you cant wait then give it a day or 2 and just be extra careful with the soft paint, it will scratch easily. After 2-3 weeks it should be fully hard and then just treat it as normal and wax and wash as before.

If your not happy painting yourself you can still remove the panels and sand them then get a paint shop to spray them, be cheaoer that way since youre doing the dismantling and some of the prep.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »
Picture an old guy standing in his shop, scooter nearby, tools standing by, tapping his foot waiting for PLEASE HELP ME to at least say, "Thank you," for all the really good advice. Old guy thinks about holding his breath waiting for this person to reply but rejects that since his breathing is not what it used to be. His patience is a little better with age but it never was worth a crap except for hands-on stuff. All this is just a personal thing. All sorts of folks come here with questions, get answers and acknowledge the posters. I'll wait........

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()