Author Topic: Dont overlook your torque driver...  (Read 2571 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Dont overlook your torque driver...
« on: October 21, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
what up guys?.  i am one that can say i have overlooked my t.d, untill a day ago.. i seemed to be having ? regarding my t.d. didnt seem to be working correct. i removed it from the clutch,removed seal collar, disassembled it, cleaned it and regreased it. there is a groove for the grease, the majority will come back out during reassembly. i noticed an nstant improvement. my shifting pattern was smoother,quicker, more responsive than before. just a few minutes of time and you can feel and ride smoother...i recommend this to all t.ds, (if applicable,which should be all). definately for all the zx fans out there...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

pedro

Re: Dont overlook your torque driver...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »
Any chance you could do a how-to for us?

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »
i can try,i am on phone. 1)remove belt cover 2)remove 9/16nut on clutch bell to remove clutch 3)remove 39mm clutch nut to remove main spring,clutch(i use a vise) 4) stick small standard screwdriver under the seal collar and rotate till pops loose. all the while being carefull not to rip the rubber seal under collar 5) use needle nose pliers to remove the guide pins and separate both halves. wipe all old grease off and off the rubber seals as well( good time to emory sand the driver ramps) regrease both halves, wont need much.(a groove where grease will lay) 6)reassemble halves,(paying attn to the rubber seals(1on collar,1on outside half,on inside) and any "pinching" that COULD occur) wiping off excess grease, being sure that none is on the innermost shaft where the belt rides,(the seals will hold it in) 7)stick guide pins back in(only 1 way), making sure the same travel is there, 8)replace seal collar(the 39mm nut will tighten the collar down completely). better,easier shifting. way worth the 15-20min.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:30:31 AM »
...this one time..in band camp...

:o

..i had a kvlar belt explode on my 2001 and it wrapped so tightly around the driven shaft and clutch that it de-formed my torque driver's pulley...

..pushed it away from the center in kinda a sloping curve...

..there's pics somewhere here...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 01:34:32 AM »
I see that "modded mildly"  :D

Wonder how long it will stay there...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()