Author Topic: New Engine after 18,000 miles  (Read 15970 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: New Engine after 18,000 miles
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2010, 02:11:31 AM »
Glad to hear she's running!  :)  Congratulations on your first and a sucessful top end job!  Did you make sure your oil injection is working good?  No gunk in lines, tank, pump?   

rigpa

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »
uh....no i didn't.  suggestions for how?

also, was reading on this forum under a carb post, that someone else had their oil inlet hose fall out of the carb.  it was suggested that they use a bit of locktite.  does one pull the inlet hose and put locktite on it and then put it back in or just have the hose in the carb and put it around on the outside?  i'm sure that's how my piston seized, when my hose came out because i remember it stopped running.  that was one or two years ago.  i don't want that to ever happen again.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2010, 05:15:26 PM »
Without going looking for the thread, I think I remember that one, the little hose fitting came out of the carby. When putting it back in, clean it up to remove any oil and do the same with the orifice in the carb, put some locktite on the outside of the fitting and push it into the orifice and allow the locktite to set. Make sure that the fitting is pointing in the correct direction so as not to put any stress on the hose. According to the manual, the oil injection line goes into the inlet manifold, but in fact, the later ones went into the side of the carb, do you know which one yours has?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

rigpa

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »
mine goes into the carb

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2010, 01:42:03 AM »
Very good Sid.  ;)  Just use a very tiny amount of locktite and for God's sake, don't let any go inside! 

I've heard of the oil tank getting a layer of junk/gunk build up in the bottom and same thing can happen in the hose, blocking off the hose so, I'd take off the hose there and just see if oil flows well.  Blow through the hose while it's off to make sure it's not gunked up too. 

As well, look in where it goes into the carb.  Shouldn't be gunked up there either. 

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »
By the way, we're talking about locktiting the metal inlet into the carb -- not the rubber hose itself. 

If the hose end looks expanded, you can cut just a little off the hose and push back on.  Same at the oil tank end.  If hose is too short for that, get a new piece at hardware store or auto store. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:48:08 AM by Hoolander2 »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2010, 02:19:14 AM »
I can't say for sure, but I think there might be a filter/screen in the hose just below the tank.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

rigpa

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2010, 07:24:16 PM »
update on the scoot:  took her out yesterday, full throttle, nice long ride, etc.  got a lot of boost on the flats, like low 40s.  not as impressed as i wanted to be on the hills though.  i'm wondering if when i first got the scoot, i was just so excited that i didn't notice its puny pull uphill.

one question--is it possible to put the cylinder over the piston when the rings are not aligned properly to abut those pins in the piston.  the reason i ask, is because i didn't see the guy who installed the cylinder do this work.  it was just finished when i picked up the scooter.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2010, 11:46:27 PM »
good news...wooo hooo.... ;D   yeah, they kindof have a puny pull...what are you considering puny tho??  that could be your rollers..  ....well yeah, they can force it on or pinch the rings where they "lock" inside the piston(no free spring) but it wouldnt run and probably wouldnt start.. i had that issue with mine. or if you put the rings upside down... feel good, its gotta be ok. :D  now on to the next mod.  :D ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

rigpa

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2010, 01:59:39 PM »
hey hey,  took the scoot to work this morning for the first time since the rebuild.  so this being my usual route i was able to tell where the power is.  It's all there!  i have way more power on the straight aways and at least i have the umph going uphill, like she's not gonna give out, she's still with me so to speak, going uphill.  i'm very pleased.

i did think about different rollers.  i'm running stock, which i believe is 8.5.  would 7.5 give more or less umph uphill?

thanks again to everyone who made my scoot nearly whole again.  i say nearly cuz i got little odds and end parts like bulbs and screws on order.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2010, 03:29:18 PM »
Great!  ;D  Safe scootin'. 

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2010, 01:24:57 PM »
hey rigpa, great news... yes, you should definately drill a few holes in your exhaust (if stock), and change the rollers.. i would try 7.5...a roller tunning kit will become very handy for you in figuring out any better weight, i learned that much recently.. cant remember all/any of your mods but they will help keep those rpms up. . and then of course, jet that carb with an open air filter. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()