Author Topic: hello im new to kymco  (Read 19131 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: hello im new to kymco
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2010, 08:14:08 PM »
Regular grease on the startor bendix, and either dry molly on the rollers, or you can leave them as is.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2010, 09:53:30 PM »
ok kool srry bout bein a pain as much as i am im still kinda new at this scooter stuff im still havin har starts though once and a wile ill be able to start it up easy i checked the battery and im reading just over 13 volts it mostly has a starting issue when i first start it up but even after i drive it 4 a wile it has hard starts but usualy starts with in the 1st few revs any idea i checked the reg ive checked the bat what else could i check?
ehh brakes are for sissies

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
my spark plug boot was causing my hard starts the other day, replaced wit a ngk, started right up.. also you could check your compression, and see if there is any air leaks around carb,intake, head gasket
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 02:37:07 AM »
should i use soapy water or carb clean for checking for leaks as for plug boots can i use any old boot and wire cause i work in a junk yard and have access to literaly thousands of wires and boots or do i need special boots and wires
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:44:29 AM by mudfreek »

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2010, 03:37:18 AM »
i have used soapy water myself... compression tester works to get an idea if there.  well im not sure about a vehicle one, sure it would work but the scoots use a different boot, the screw on type, they are $4.00 at the local shop here.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »
well ill give it a try all i gatta do is put the the lil cap on the pin on the end of the plug well lets see what happends

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2010, 03:22:56 PM »
Just go thru the basics mud, Get a NEW spark plug, clean the air filter, and adjust the idle mix screw. I prefer spraying water around when looking for leaks. Iv'e had toooo many bad experiences spraying flammable liquid, at hot engines
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »
well ive gone through the air cleaner new plug as far as the carb its still new to me cause there are 2 screws

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »
hey mud.. yeah, the big one(top) is the idle stop screw, the small one(bottom) is the mix screw.  mix screw is 1+-1/4 turns out, the idle screw i believe is set at 2 turns out. should fire right up.. i am learning these oem carbs are good but suck at the same time...lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »
The easiest way to set the mix is to warm up warm up the scoot. turn the smaller screw either direction 1/4-1/2 turn note any change. rev the scoot, and repeat. you want to turn the mix screw until you get the highest/smoothest rpm's. Next turn the same screw 1/4 turn counter clockwise to richen the mix. This will drop the rpm's from the best to slightly slower. Then you adjust the larger screw(idle set screw) to get the rpm's where you like them. 5 minutes from start to finish!

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »
thanks guys ill give it a try today and see if it helps

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
i may have come across part of my running issue i was coming home from work last night and my scoot started spitting and sputering and missing its azz off like it had a ground issue and at the same time the kill switch wouldnt  work wile it was was spitting so when i get home i took the body off and i noticed the plug boot was sloppy and partaly off and i looked at it and saw the lil clip was gone i fortunatly has the old coil off my old cheap chinese scoot      so im gunna go see if it helps 2day

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2010, 12:03:05 PM »
Sounds like a winner! Hands on is always the best approach! That boot will unscrew from the wire. Clip about 1/2" off the scoots wire so you have a clean end to start from.

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2010, 09:49:31 PM »
ok thanks alot srry if im a pain

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2010, 12:32:07 AM »
There is only one pain in the arse on this forum, and he hasn't posted in quite awhile. It,s no trouble at all Bro... My ears are ringing... I think he heard me!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()