Author Topic: hello im new to kymco  (Read 19119 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

bniesen

• View Profile
Re: hello im new to kymco
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 03:52:42 AM »
question for the experienced. How can you tell when you need to up your carb from stock??

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 09:44:12 AM »
...when you wake up one morning and think.."dang, wish I had a bigger carb on my scoot"...

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »
thanks for the service manual and as far as a bigger carb as soon as i find one ill buy it
ehh brakes are for sissies

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
http://www.heeters.com/carburetors.shtml   That's a kit you cannot beat for the price. It is a Delorto 19mm, and will work w/ any 70cc kit you want to use.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 10:58:06 PM »
now a new issue its hard to start after sitting for either 10 mins or over night what should i check i have put a brand new plug and cleaned out the air filter im a lil stumped should i check the insulator between the carb and the intake,the reeds ........
 the reeds seem to ahve been changed or spaced cause the other engine i have has what looks to be two 1/4 brown blocks and that engine that is in my scoot has a 1/2 in aluminum block what about timing

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 11:04:14 PM »
..how long did you say you've had this scoot??

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 02:10:34 AM »
i have had the scoot about a month or so  and when i 1st got i would have gag out issues not so much any more now it only does it when i am running at full throttle for a wile the scoot will lose speed and start do sie and then rev right back up and i wont have issues again        ive only had it do it once in the past 2 weeks

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 02:14:47 AM »
...probably old and/or dirty fuel...in the tank...

bniesen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 02:42:21 AM »
I'll bet its the fuel. I bought a 2005 people 50 2t and the previous owner let it sit too long (at least six months with gas in the tank. She didn't use premium either. It would do the same thing you described. I ran the tank pretty  low and put in 93 octane without ethenal.  By the way, stay away from ethenal enriched fuel. I filled my tank up with a 10% mix and now its running at a higher idle  >:( I have'nt found a fix for the issue of using that type of fuel, maybe to put a little oil in with it perhaps.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 02:46:57 AM »
..there are many ppl here that swear by the product called "Sea Foam" for those issues...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 05:00:13 AM »
Here's the carb I've got, not the same as the one in the pic though, mine has a screw top and flanged mounting.  It will bolt up to the stock manifold, but I found the stock manifold and reeds to be quite restrictive! 
http://www.mhr-usa.com/carburetor-kits/arreche-19mm-carburetors/arreche-19mm-racing-carburetor-for-honda-elite-kymco-zx.html

This manifold also, the middle pic:  http://www.mhr-usa.com/intakes/manifolds/motorio-intake-manifolds-for-kymco.html

That link to the Delorto seems like an awesome deal though!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 05:10:05 AM »
shaka's carb is easier to work on, I liked the press-fit clamp of the delorto better tho. Try adding 2oz. of Sea Foam to the next 3 tanks of fuel. I also add 1/2-1oz. of 2t oil to each tank. A new plug, and the fuel may clear it out for you. The carb may need a through cleaning in the end. The jets have atomizers on them that will clog over time, and completely taking the carb. apart, and soaking it for 24-48 hours in Chem Dip will make it all shiny new again.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »
now on those aftermarket carbs will i be able to use my factory intake not just shakas ? and as far as the 72 cc kit will i be able to use my exhaust ots a tecnogas
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:59:49 AM by mudfreek »

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »
The Delorto uses either an adapter or an entirely new manifold.  The Arreche will fit directly on the stock manifold.  If you do a bigger carb you will want a new pipe as well.  I would get the Technigas RSII If you plan on going with a BBK.  If it will be awhile before you go BBK the Next R is the better choice.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()